Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Sergei Naumov <na...@r-style.donpac.ru> on 2001/02/02 15:22:21 UTC

Apache and friends VS Borland Application Server

Hi, folks!
I need some help on figuring out how the two beasts compare to each other --
Apache and its
satellities (Cocoon, DbPrism, etc.) and Borland Application server. Both seem
to provise a
similar functionality, both run in Unix environments. Obviously, one of them is
a closed
source technology, but, aside from that, can anyone highlight what the merts of
both are?

Thanks in advance,
				Sergei

Re: Apache and friends VS Borland Application Server

Posted by Donald Ball <ba...@webslingerZ.com>.
On Fri, 2 Feb 2001, Sergei Naumov wrote:

> Hi, folks! I need some help on figuring out how the two beasts compare
> to each other -- Apache and its satellities (Cocoon, DbPrism, etc.)
> and Borland Application server. Both seem to provise a similar
> functionality, both run in Unix environments. Obviously, one of them
> is a closed source technology, but, aside from that, can anyone
> highlight what the merts of both are?

never used or heard of borland application server, so i can't comment on
it, but i will make a correction - apache httpd runs in win32 and UNIX
environments. apache cocoon will run in any servlet environment.

- donald