Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by gc...@agentsinside.com on 2001/04/24 18:59:41 UTC

Maybe rights problem, exception thrown by Catalina core

Hi,

I have solved my security problem, jndi.jar was under
$CATALINA_HOME/server/lib and as soon I removed it, Tomcat/Catalina is
working correctly. I decided to link it to /usr/local, but since then if
I try to use it from there, I get "HTTP Status 503 - This application is
not currently available". Looking into it, I find in
localhost_log.2001-04-24.txt:
2001-04-24 18:51:42 StandardLoader[/examples]: Reloading checks are enabled for this Context
2001-04-24 18:51:42 Manager[/examples]: Seeding random number generator class java.security.SecureRandom
2001-04-24 18:51:42 Manager[/examples]: Seeding of random number
generator has b een completed
2001-04-24 18:51:45 ContextConfig[/examples]: Configured an authenticator for method FORM
2001-04-24 18:51:46 StandardContext[/examples]: Exception starting filter Compression Filter
java.lang.ClassCastException: compressionFilters.CompressionFilter
        at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterConfig.getFilter(ApplicationFilterConfig.java:250)

Anyone can give me an idea what can be wrong? If I switch back to
/usr/local/encap/catalina-4.0b3 then it works. The files are the same
under /usr/local, as they are symlinked to the first directory.

Thanks,
Laszlo

Re: Maybe rights problem, exception thrown by Catalina core

Posted by gc...@agentsinside.com.
* Sam Newman <sa...@www.stamplets.com> [010424 19:21]:
> I'm guessing its a catalina specific error as I've not seen a tomcat error
> like that before except in my code. Have you looked at the sourcecode?
 Sure, I am stupid. It is Tomcat/Caterina 4.0b3. The source looks
simple (I do not understand it though):

// Instantiate a new instance of this filter and return it
Class clazz = classLoader.loadClass(filterClass);
this.filter = (Filter) clazz.newInstance(); // This lines throw the error
filter.init(this);
return (this.filter);

this.filter is defined for a private Filter, which is a
javax.servlet.Filter . filterClass is defined as:
// Identify the class loader we will be using
String filterClass = filterDef.getFilterClass();

etc...

Maybe I will go and do some basic debugging.
/GCS

Re: Maybe rights problem, exception thrown by Catalina core

Posted by Sam Newman <sa...@www.stamplets.com>.
I'm guessing its a catalina specific error as I've not seen a tomcat error
like that before except in my code. Have you looked at the sourcecode?

sam