Posted to dev@struts.apache.org by Antony Joseph <lo...@lycos.com> on 2004/09/27 15:31:45 UTC

struts-1.2.4 not archived at ibiblio.

Is there a way we can get struts-1.2.4 archived at ibiblio. The current verion available at the site is struts-1.2.2

Re: struts-1.2.4 not archived at ibiblio.

Posted by Joe Germuska <Jo...@Germuska.com>.
At 8:31 AM -0500 9/27/04, Antony Joseph wrote:
>Is there a way we can get struts-1.2.4 archived at ibiblio. The
>current verion available at the site is struts-1.2.2

I have tried to use maven's jar:deploy goal, and while it worked for
struts, I was not able to pass the tests for struts-el.  I think this
is just a Maven quirk -- in fact, I think it's just that the Maven
project.xml file is configured to run the Struts EL tests as JUnit
tests, not Cactus tests.

For now, as a pragmatic matter, I have simply copied struts.jar and
struts-el.jar from the binary distribution into the iBiblio mirror.
In some sense, this may be more "correct," since those are official
and anything built using Maven might not be identical.  So maybe it's
just as well.  I'd be happy to get feedback on that from other
developers, and especially committers.

Manually copying all the TLD files including changing their version
numbers seems kind of tedious.  I would do it if anyone needed it,
but at this point I'm not really sure why TLDs are stored in Maven
repositories.

Sorry for the delays, and please let me know if there are any issues.
Remember that I copied these to a mirror, so there may be a brief
delay before they are actually visible on iBiblio.

Joe

--
Joe Germuska
Joe@Germuska.com