Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by Branko Čibej <br...@wandisco.com> on 2014/09/01 10:18:59 UTC

Re: svn commit: r1621387 - in /subversion/branches/authzperf/subversion/libsvn_repos: authz.c authz.h authz_parse.c

On 30.08.2014 22:42, Branko Čibej wrote:
> On 30.08.2014 21:37, Stefan Fuhrmann wrote:
>> I updated the wiki page now to make it match the code again, updated
>> terminology to make it match your API and (hopefully) addressed the
>> comments to had on the page. I left the comments in for you to review.
> OK, thanks! I'll try to get through the docs on Monday, then I'll have
> to fix the wildcard normalization logic in the parser to match the
> updated docs.

Stefan, I went through the docs (and commits); there are a couple new
comments in the doc, one is a minor nit, the other affects the rights
lookup workflow. IIUC, you already removed the foo/** to foo/*
normalization from the code?

I propose to remove the svn_authz_t::groups hash now, as I believe it is
not used anywhere any more. This will slightly reduce the memory
footprint of the parsed authz representation.

-- Brane

Re: svn commit: r1621387 - in /subversion/branches/authzperf/subversion/libsvn_repos: authz.c authz.h authz_parse.c

Posted by Branko Čibej <br...@wandisco.com>.
On 01.09.2014 21:48, Stefan Fuhrmann wrote:

>         Stefan, I went through the docs (and commits); there are a
>         couple new
>         comments in the doc, one is a minor nit, the other affects the
>         rights
>         lookup workflow.
>

>     We already talked about that shortcut.
>
> I'll give it a go tomorrow.

I'm about to commit a new function in authz_info.c, called
svn_authz__get_global_rights; it should do the global access resolving part.

>      IIUC, you already removed the foo/** to foo/*
>
>         normalization from the code?
>

>     Yes, at least that was the intent. I might have missed or broken
>     something, though.
>
> Parser states can be non-obvious at times.

authz-test says trailing ** remains unchanged, so I guess you found the
right place.

-- Brane

Re: svn commit: r1621387 - in /subversion/branches/authzperf/subversion/libsvn_repos: authz.c authz.h authz_parse.c

Posted by Stefan Fuhrmann <st...@wandisco.com>.
[Args. Why does ctrl-enter(?) send the message :/]

On Mon, Sep 1, 2014 at 9:45 PM, Stefan Fuhrmann <
stefan.fuhrmann@wandisco.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Sep 1, 2014 at 10:18 AM, Branko Čibej <br...@wandisco.com> wrote:

>> > OK, thanks! I'll try to get through the docs on Monday, then I'll have
>> > to fix the wildcard normalization logic in the parser to match the
>> > updated docs.
>>
>> Stefan, I went through the docs (and commits); there are a couple new
>> comments in the doc, one is a minor nit, the other affects the rights
>> lookup workflow.
>

> We already talked about that shortcut.

I'll give it a go tomorrow.

>> IIUC, you already removed the foo/** to foo/*
>> normalization from the code?
>>

> Yes, at least that was the intent. I might have missed or broken
> something, though.

Parser states can be non-obvious at times.

>> I propose to remove the svn_authz_t::groups hash now, as I believe it is
>> not used anywhere any more. This will slightly reduce the memory
>> footprint of the parsed authz representation.

Go ahead.

-- Stefan^2.

Re: svn commit: r1621387 - in /subversion/branches/authzperf/subversion/libsvn_repos: authz.c authz.h authz_parse.c

Posted by Stefan Fuhrmann <st...@wandisco.com>.