Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Adam Ratcliffe <ad...@premasys.com> on 2004/06/04 22:25:38 UTC

XML-RPC like request using CInclude?

My Cocoon application needs to request an XML document from a remote
server.  The server has an
XML-RPC like interface in that it accepts parameters to the request as a
structured XML document.
A valid request to the server has the following characteristics:
- The request Content-Type is 'text/xml'
- The request document is sent as the content of the request body, not
as the value of a name value
pair

I tried doing this using CInclude but came unstuck in a couple of
places. Firstly CInclude seems to
fix the Content-Type of the request as 'application/x-www-form-encoded',
secondly I was only able to
include my document as the cinclude:value of a cinclude:parameter.

I had a look at the Web Service Proxy, as it seems like it might be a
more natural fit for what I'm doing,
yet it's not obvious from the documentation how to configure it to do
what I need.

Any guidance on the best approach to solving this problem would be much
appreciated.

Regards
Adam