Posted to dev@metamodel.apache.org by Alberto Rodriguez <ar...@stratio.com> on 2014/09/16 09:28:24 UTC

Elastic Search module - Progress update

Hi all,

I have been working on the ES module. As Kasper suggested I have overriden
the materializeMainSchemaTable to get a first functional version. I have
added quite a few tests to check that the module is working fine for
*SELECT* operations. I have also implemented the executeCountQuery method.

I forked the project from the *master branch, *you can check out the
changes here: incubator-metamodel fork with ES module
<https://github.com/albertostratio/incubator-metamodel>

I have also been informed by the ASF that my ICLA has been filed in their
records.

Kind regards,

Alberto Rodríguez

<http://www.stratio.com/>
Avenida de Europa, 26. Ática 5. 3ª Planta
28224 Pozuelo de Alarcón, Madrid
Tel: +34 91 352 59 42 // *@stratiobd <https://twitter.com/StratioBD>*

Re: Elastic Search module - Progress update

Posted by Kasper Sørensen <i....@gmail.com>.
Regarding the git workflow ... I hope we can eventually make the GitHub
pull requests work integrated with our Apache Git server. I think Pull
Requests are awesome to work with and makes life easy for everybody.
Whether we integrate code is always going to be a VOTE and committer
decision I guess. But we should probably consider this closer for some
project by-laws so that things are transparent.

Posted by Kasper Sørensen <i....@gmail.com>.
Actually almost all dataset implementations are streaming. For instance
JdbcDataSet, CsvDataSet, CouchDbDataSet, MongoDbDataSet and so on... It's
only a matter of making sure that you get an active cursor instead of
eagerly loading all the results into a list or array or so.

Posted by Alberto Rodriguez <ar...@stratio.com>.

Posted by Kasper Sørensen <i....@gmail.com>.

Posted by Alberto Rodriguez <ar...@stratio.com>.
Hi Kasper,

Posted by Kasper Sørensen <i....@gmail.com>.

Posted by Kasper Sørensen <i....@gmail.com>.

Posted by Alberto Rodriguez <ar...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Kasper Sørensen <i....@gmail.com>.

Posted by Alberto Rodriguez <ar...@gmail.com>.
Hi Kasper,

Posted by Kasper Sørensen <i....@gmail.com>.
Hi Alberto,

Posted by Alberto Rodriguez <ar...@gmail.com>.
Hi Kasper,

Posted by Kasper Sørensen <i....@gmail.com>.

Posted by Alberto Rodriguez <ar...@stratio.com>.
Hi Kasper,

Posted by Alberto Rodriguez <ar...@stratio.com>.
Hi Kasper,

Yes, I checked them out, thank you for your comments. I will work on them
and add comments to the PR as well.

Posted by Kasper Sørensen <i....@gmail.com>.
Hi Alberto,

Posted by Henry Saputra <he...@gmail.com>.