Posted to dev@mahout.apache.org by Dhruv Kumar <dk...@ecs.umass.edu> on 2011/03/16 18:35:00 UTC

Re: Hidden Markov Models Implementation on MapReduce- GSoC 2011

The Apache application to GSOC needs to go through.

> But you can proceed regardless.  Filing a JIRA as you suggest is a great
> idea.

Thank you.

Based on this suggestion by Ted, I have been reading about HMMs, especially
the Rabiner tutorial.

Can I file the JIRA for "Implement HMM on MapReduce" myself or is it more
apt for a senior member to do it?

Posted by Grant Ingersoll <gs...@apache.org>.
On Mar 16, 2011, at 5:20 PM, Ted Dunning wrote:

> Nobody is more senior here.  There are only some people who have already
> contributed enough to be designated committers and some people who are about
> to contribute that much.  :-)

+1.  Well said, Ted!

> Everybody can file JIRA and (more importantly) can suggest fixes in the form
> of patches.  We welcome all suggestions and will help work to make code
> additions fit into the overall shape of Mahout.

+1

Posted by Ted Dunning <te...@gmail.com>.