Posted to dev@kafka.apache.org by Joe Stein <cr...@gmail.com> on 2011/11/06 18:46:58 UTC

patched performance testing issues

Hi, I applied kafka-176.patch and got an error while trying to run it

Joseph-Steins-MacBook-Air:kafka joestein$ bin/kafka-producer-perf-test.sh
kafka/tools/ProducerPerformance
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: kafka.tools.ProducerPerformance

I then grabbed kafka-175 and got an error while applying the patch

Joseph-Steins-MacBook-Air:kafka joestein$ patch -p0 -i ~/kafka-175.patch
patching file perf/config/log4j.properties
patching file perf/bin/consumer-throughput-over-fetch-size.sh
patch: **** malformed patch at line 82:

Should I be patching in some specific order or different commands or
something else I am doing wrong?  Let me know please

/*
Joe Stein
http://www.linkedin.com/in/charmalloc
*/

Re: patched performance testing issues

Posted by Neha Narkhede <ne...@gmail.com>.
Joe,

I'm sorry for the delay here. I was at ApacheCon last week. I'm working on
these perf testing issues today and will have an update by tomorrow.

Thanks,
Neha

Posted by Joe Stein <cr...@gmail.com>.

--