Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Federico Fernandez Cruz <fe...@dilmun.ls.fi.upm.es> on 2003/12/11 13:57:27 UTC

Apache Tomcat jk2... is it possible?

Hi all!

I am using tomcat 5 and I want to do some integration work with Apache
and mod_jk2.

Is there a direct way to map a whole web application in apache? It works
but I have to write a lot of  [uri:*****] commands in mi
workers2.properties file.

I have tried WebXml2Jk but when I insert the file (using Include) I get
a lot of errors about Alias first and  JkUriSet Host later...

I am planning to do some work with Apache SSL. Will I be able to read
all those SSL variables from Tomcat?

Any help will be appreciated! TIA

Re: Apache Tomcat jk2... is it possible?

Posted by Federico Fernandez Cruz <fe...@dilmun.ls.fi.upm.es>.
Thanks! Now it works! :-)

I can access my web application through SSL. How can I get all those SSL
variables that apache has already set ? Should I tell something more to JK?

Thanks!

Posted by Jörg Werner <jo...@pi5.physik.uni-stuttgart.de>.
Hello!

--
Dipl-Phys. Jörg Werner			j.werner@physik.uni-stuttgart.de
Universität Stuttgart

Re: Apache Tomcat jk2... is it possible?

Posted by Nikola Milutinovic <Ni...@ev.co.yu>.
Federico Fernandez Cruz wrote:

> By "whole web application" I mean the entire application... well...
>
> I have a context inside Tomcat called UserMan. I want to map an Apache
> URL to this application...
>
> In my workers2.properties I put these lines...
>
> [uri:/UserMan]
> info=Example webapp in the default context.
> context=/UserMan
> debug=0

This should suffice, although you haven't specified a worker for this context.

> [uri:/UserMan/*]
> info=Extension mapping
>

> But my JSPs redirect to /UserMan/nav/ and I get errors about resource
> not available...  then I have to put another lines
>
> [uri:/UserMan/nav/*.jsp]
> info=Extension mapping
>

> I think that this method is  error prone so that was my question. How to
> map the whole web application?
> Maybe I am doing something wrong.. (sure!)

Here is mine (although I haven't tried accessing in subdir):

[logger]
level=DEBUG

[config:]
debug=0
debugEnv=0

[uriMap:]
info=Maps the requests. Options: debug
debug=0

# Alternate file logger
[logger.file:0]
level=DEBUG
file=/var/log/httpd/mod_jk2.log

[workerEnv:]
info=Global server options
timing=1
debug=0

[channel.un:unixsock]
info=Main socket to Tomcat engine
file=/var/tomcat4/work/tomcat.sock

[status:]
info=Status worker, displays runtime informations

[ajp13:unixsock]
info=Default AJP 1.3 worker
channel=channel.un:unixsock

[uri:/jkstatus/*]
info=Display status information and checks the config file for changes.
group=status:

[uri:www.elektrovojvodina.co.yu/racun]
info=Consumer bill
group=ajp13:unixsock
context=/racun

Nix.

Re: Apache Tomcat jk2... is it possible?

Posted by Federico Fernandez Cruz <fe...@dilmun.ls.fi.upm.es>.

Posted by Nikola Milutinovic <Ni...@ev.co.yu>.