Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Graham Leggett <mi...@sharp.fm> on 2007/06/05 15:23:18 UTC

Ant return code 13 - what does it mean?

Hi all,

I have been trying to use the eclipse PDE ant build scripts, and these
fail with a return code of "13", without indicating an error or a warning.

The ant documentation doesn't list ant's return codes, so it's not clear
whether ant is exiting / crashing / segfaulting with error code 13, or the
ant build file is programmed to exit with code 13.

Has anyone been able to debug PDE/ant problems in the past before?

[INFO]
---
[INFO] Building Alchemy Eclipse
[INFO]    task-segment: [install]
[INFO]
---
[INFO] [pde:ext]
[INFO] java -classpath c:\java\eclipse-3.2\eclipse\startup.jar
org.eclipse.core.
launcher.Main -application org.eclipse.ant.core.antRunner -buildfile
c:\java\ecl
ipse-3.2\eclipse\plugins\org.eclipse.pde.build_3.2.1.r321_v20060823\scripts\prod
uctBuild\productBuild.xml -verbose -debug
-Dmaven.dependency.classpath=${maven.d
ependency.classpath} -Dpom.version=4.1.0-SNAPSHOT
-Dbuilder=C:\Java\development\
trader\trunk\alchemy-eclipse-rcp\plugins\alchemy-eclipse\
-DbuildDirectory=C:\Ja
va\development\trader\trunk\alchemy-eclipse-rcp\plugins\alchemy-eclipse\..\..
-D
buildTempFolder=C:\Java\development\trader\trunk\alchemy-eclipse-rcp\plugins\alc
hemy-eclipse\target\pdeTemp -DjavacFailOnError=true
Install location:
    file:/c:/Java/eclipse-3.2/eclipse/
Configuration file:
    file:/c:/Java/eclipse-3.2/eclipse/configuration/config.ini loaded
Configuration location:
    file:/c:/Java/eclipse-3.2/eclipse/configuration/
Framework located:
    file:/c:/Java/eclipse-3.2/eclipse/plugins/org.eclipse.osgi_3.2.2.R32x_v20070
118.jar
Framework classpath:
    file:/c:/Java/eclipse-3.2/eclipse/plugins/org.eclipse.osgi_3.2.2.R32x_v20070
118.jar
Debug options:
    file:/C:/Java/development/trader/trunk/alchemy-eclipse-rcp/plugins/alchemy-e
clipse/.options loaded
Time to load bundles: 31
Starting application: 1156
[INFO]
[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO]
[INFO] Error executing command line. Exit code:13
[INFO]

Graham

Re: Ant return code 13 - what does it mean?

Posted by Martin Gainty <mg...@hotmail.com>.
Graham-

I would suggest looking at setting up root permissions for your PDE build
environment
http://www.eclipse.org/pde/pde-build/doc/usage.html
(and follow steve's suggestion)

M--