Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Joe Bowman <jb...@yertle.kiva.net> on 2000/04/05 20:18:27 UTC

IO::File, mod_perl, and RedHat Secureweb

Has anyone encountered the following problem?

I have a RedHat 6.0-based machine, using perl-5.00503,
RedHat secureweb-3.1-2, and mod_perl 1.22. The problem I'm running into is
that whenever I try to preload the IO::File module, secureweb segfaults.
No error messages in error_log whatsoever. However, using IO::File outside
of mod_perl (i.e. in a regular perl script run from the command line)
works just fine.

I've attached an strace that demonstrates where it's segfaulting. Any help
you can give would be appreciated. :)

Joe Bowman
jbowman@yertle.kiva.net

Re: IO::File, mod_perl, and RedHat Secureweb

Posted by Doug MacEachern <do...@covalent.net>.
On Wed, 5 Apr 2000, Joe Bowman wrote:

> Has anyone encountered the following problem?
>
> I have a RedHat 6.0-based machine, using perl-5.00503,
> RedHat secureweb-3.1-2, and mod_perl 1.22. The problem I'm running into is
> that whenever I try to preload the IO::File module, secureweb segfaults.
> No error messages in error_log whatsoever. However, using IO::File outside
> of mod_perl (i.e. in a regular perl script run from the command line)
> works just fine.

what does 'perl -V:usemymalloc' say?  if 'y', try rebuilding Perl with
'Configure -des -Uusemymalloc', which is the default anyhow for linux.
another option is building mod_perl static instead of dso, assuming you
built as a dso?