Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by Aravind Chennuru <Ar...@netboss.com> on 2012/11/09 16:36:13 UTC

Kill a subscription in ActiveMQ

Hi All,

Does anyone know how to kill a topic subscription from the producer, so that the consumer can report that the connection has been lost?

Thanks & Regards,
Aravind Chennuru

RE: Kill a subscription in ActiveMQ

Posted by Raul Kripalani <ra...@evosent.com>.
Have you tried an abortive slow subscriber strategy? It's capable of
closing the consumer connection when it becomes slow. Combined with a
failover URL, it makes the consumer reconnect automatically.

Sent from a mobile device

Posted by Aravind Chennuru <Ar...@netboss.com>.
It's the other way around. I know for a fact that a topic has a slow consumer on the other end as a producer but I could add logic to stop producing messages but there could not find a way to notify the consumer that the topic has been destroyed and it needs to restart in this case.
Now sure l wouldn't care who reports that the connection has been lost but I only have handle from the producer, i.e. I only know that a topic has a slow consumer through the producer, well ofcource from broker if I write a BrokerServiceMonitor that checks every topic every 15 seconds.

Not sure what you're asking... You want to kill the publisher of a topic?
A subscriber doesn't know about the publisher, so it cannot report "the connection has been lost".. unless you mean you want the broker to indicate the connection has been lost?

Posted by Christian Posta <ch...@gmail.com>.