Posted to solr-commits@lucene.apache.org by Apache Wiki <wi...@apache.org> on 2006/12/01 19:14:53 UTC

[Solr Wiki] Update of "TaskList" by YonikSeeley

Dear Wiki user,

You have subscribed to a wiki page or wiki category on "Solr Wiki" for change notification.

The following page has been changed by YonikSeeley:
http://wiki.apache.org/solr/TaskList

  This is a "short term" list of things people think of that need to be done before we can have our first official release.  [http://incubator.apache.org/guides/releasemanagement.html This guide] should also be consulted for more info.

   * write a Release HOWTO wiki documenting all of hte steps to making a release ... ideally this should mainly be stuff about validating the release, signing it, and pushing it out to the mirrors ... any mindless command execution that winds up being listed in the HOWTO should be added to the build.xml
-  * ensure all files have liscence info (Yonik started this, is it finished?)
+  * [DONE] ensure all files have liscence info (Yonik started this, is it finished?)
-  * verify that NOTICE file is up to snuff
+  * [DONE] verify that NOTICE file is up to snuff
-  * the META-INF of all jars/wars we produce need to include our LICENSE and NOTICE files
+  * [DONE] the META-INF of all jars/wars we produce need to include our LICENSE and NOTICE files
   * get someone smarter then hoss to review our jar/war MANIFEST file
     * figure out way to set the Manifest-Version cleanly regardless of full version number
     * should we inlcude Class-Path info specifying the lib jars, or is it better to leave it out?
-  * change src builds to include LICENSE, CHANGES, README, build.xml
+  * [DONE, removed src build] change src builds to include LICENSE, CHANGES, README, build.xml
-  * verify that all release artifacts unzip/untar into a single directory with the same name as the release (not into the current working directory)
+  * [DONE] verify that all release artifacts unzip/untar into a single directory with the same name as the release (not into the current working directory)
   * all source code in "zip" based src releases should be processed by ant's `<fixcrlf>` for windows users ... scripts probably shouldn't get this treatment since they are only usefull to windows users running cygwin and cygwin doesn't like windows line endings.
   * remove deprecated code
   * check in website changes, but don't commit until release approval