Posted to dev@uima.apache.org by Adam Lally <al...@alum.rpi.edu> on 2006/11/15 22:35:17 UTC

Remaining occurrences of IBM

I've replaced most occurrences of "IBM" now.  Here's a list of what I
didn't fix:

1) The uima-docbooks project.  I assume Marshall is working on that.
2) The eclipse plugins' copyright headers and about.html files.  There
are still issues to be worked out before we can remove those.
3) Our example data.  We used IBM public press releases for these and,
not suprisingly, they mention IBM.
4) The example room number annotator description says that it finds
room numbers in the IBM Watson research buildings.  Well, that's true,
it does.  We need a better example, eventually.
5) Some test XCASes contain feature values like "IBMEAnnotator"
stating which annotator produced the annotation.  These could get
replaced with arbitrary other strings if necessary.
6) uimaj-test-util contains class IBMResultPrinter developed by
Michael.  Does this need to be here?

-Adam

Re: Remaining occurrences of IBM

Posted by Adam Lally <al...@alum.rpi.edu>.
On 11/17/06, Michael Baessler <mb...@michael-baessler.de> wrote:
> <snip/>
>  so I would recommend that
> we just rename the IBMResultPrinter class to ResultPrinter. I will take
> care of that if all agree.

Fine with me.

While you're in there you might also want to take a look at what I did
to TestPropertyReader in order to allow the unit tests to find
resource files using the classloader (which is what is required, or at
least strongly recommended, by Maven).  This is really a hack (I look
up a dummy resource in the classpath in order to figure out what the
"JUnitBasePath" for loading resources should be.  This ought to get
cleaned up.

Also there a bunch of TODOs in the test cases that should get looked
at.  I'll open a JIRA issue for that.

Posted by Michael Baessler <mb...@michael-baessler.de>.
Adam Lally wrote:
> I've replaced most occurrences of "IBM" now.  Here's a list of what I
> didn't fix:
>
> 6) uimaj-test-util contains class IBMResultPrinter developed by
> Michael.  Does this need to be here?

Currently I don't see that we need the uimaj-test-util project when
using Maven for our command line testing. So
we can also remove the whole project. But maybe we want to use some of
the stuff in the future, so I would recommend that
we just rename the IBMResultPrinter class to ResultPrinter. I will take
care of that if all agree.

-- Michael