Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Tom Browder <to...@gmail.com> on 2015/08/30 19:52:04 UTC

[users@httpd] ScriptLog: Anyone used it successfully?

I am trying to use directive ScriptLog to debug CGI code but, so far
haven't been able to see any output.

My httpd server user name is 'apache' in group 'apache'.  I have
created a directory in my $HOME name 'cgi-log' and made its owner and
group to be apache.

$ ls -ld cgi-log
drwxr-xr-x 2 apache apache 4096 Aug 23 19:16 cgi-log

In my httpd.conf file I have:

ScriptLog /home/tbrowde/cgi-log/cgi.log

I am using Perl and CGI::Carp, with "carp 'msg...'" statements but am
not seeing anything.

But I have yet to see any output there.  What, specifically, in my CGI
programs, do I need to do to get output?

Thanks.

Best regards,

-Tom

Re: [users@httpd] ScriptLog: Anyone used it successfully?

Posted by Tom Browder <to...@gmail.com>.
On Sun, Aug 30, 2015 at 1:03 PM, Eric Covener <co...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, Aug 30, 2015 at 1:52 PM, Tom Browder <to...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> But I have yet to see any output there.  What, specifically, in my CGI
>> programs, do I need to do to get output?
>

> mod_cgid doesn't seem to actually have the ability to send the scripts
> stderr to the ScriptLog. Just it's own internally generated errors.
> mod_cgi does send stderr to the ScriptLog.

Thanks, Eric.

Posted by Eric Covener <co...@gmail.com>.

--
Eric Covener