Posted to dev@manifoldcf.apache.org by "Naveen.A.N" <an...@searchblox.com> on 2015/09/16 20:14:08 UTC

What is the proper way to filter documents based on tokens?

I am not sure what is the proper way to filter the documents using ACL
tokens in Active Directory.
The document contains document allow tokens and document deny tokens. also,
I have the user tokens. Do we need to filter like "user tokens which are in
document allow and not in document deny"  is that correct way of doing
filtering document for a user?
--
Thanks and Regards,
Naveen A.N

Re: What is the proper way to filter documents based on tokens?

Posted by Karl Wright <da...@gmail.com>.
Hi Naveen,

There are three independent levels of acls in Active Directory: share,
folder, and document.  All three have to be considered in order to
determine if a document is visible to a user.  So you want (in share_acl
and NOT in share_deny_acl) AND (in folder_acl and NOT in folder_deny_acl)
AND (in doc_acl and NOT in doc_deny_acl) .

Karl