Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by Nick Dimiduk <nd...@gmail.com> on 2014/10/01 02:51:29 UTC

Re: are column qualifiers safe as user inputed values?

This depends more on your parsing code than on HBase. All values are
converted into byte[]'s for HBase. Once your code has parsed the user input
and generated the byte[], there's no place for ambiguity on the HBase side.

Posted by Jean-Marc Spaggiari <je...@spaggiari.org>.
Hi Ted,

there is nothing like sql-injection-like hacks into HBase. It's all byte
arrays and nosql. So from that perspective, yes, you are safe to use user
inputed values as the column qualifiers.

Posted by Ted <r6...@gmail.com>.
ok so it sounds like it's safe :)

--
Ted.