Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by yx...@wm.edu on 2002/08/07 17:55:10 UTC

session management in axis

Hello, Everyone,

I am new to axis and I did a project by using axis tool:
wsdl2java and java2wsdl. Everything works fine, except
when I tried to use simpleSessionHandler in axis to do
the session management.

I have a set of functions in this service. And I would
like to deploy it in session scope. I could maintain the
session information between different function calls by
using http header cookies. But when I try to use the
soap header, erery time I get a new session (increased)
Id back in the service response. ( I can see it in Tcpmon)

I don't know what is wrong in my code or process:
1. deploy the service as session scope
2. in wsdd file, put simple session handler in
responseFlow and requestFlow.
3. in client side: set session to true
4. I deploy the service by using

java org.apache.axis.client.AdminClinet deploy.wsdd

5. I read all the session discussion before and the
session test source code, it seems that I need to deploy
the client and server seprately, by using
java org.apache.axis.utils.Admin client | server
deploy.wsdd. I tried it, but nothing changed.

I hope someone could kindly show me, where should I make
changes. All my code was built on wsdl2java. So I would
like to know where should I make change in
soapbindingstub or soapbindingSkeleton.

I remember somebody said that maintain session between
axis client and server is very easy. I hope I could get
a whole simple example which will show me how to do it.

lots of thanks and look forward to your reply!

Tina