Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Martin T Dengler <ro...@xades.com> on 2001/02/26 05:07:47 UTC

[SUBMIT] Tomcat 4.1 - Catalina TODO - CGI emulation servlet for review

Craig et. al.,

    I have put together an alpha version of the CGI emulation servlet
listed as a todo in the Tomcat 4.0/4.1 Catalina TODO list (Servlet
Provided Functionality section).

    This is my first submission for review, so I expect there will be a
lot of pointers/comments on the (lack of) coding style, structure, etc.
  Please bring it on, otherwise I will never know.

    Per list instructions, the zipfile (~43KB) with the set of files
(one source, one test CGI, a fair number of Javadoc-created files) is
posted at:

    http://www.martindengler.com/proj/CGIGatewayServlet.zip

    As I am not fully there on how you want the relationship between the
servlets and the web-app content (in this case, the cgi script) to go,
for now I just included a README file with the necessary steps to get
something running presuming an up-to-date CVS source version.

     The README file is included as an attachment to this message for
ease of browsing.  It basically works by assuming the Tomcat
jakarta-tomcat-4.1 cvs module is in a directory whose peer is the build
directory.  Everything follows from there.

     I plan on continuing to complete the quality/design of the code so
any comments on style, structure, README, web-app relationships, etc.
are welcomed.

Chrs,
Martin