Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Harry Putnam <re...@newsguy.com> on 2005/04/07 15:43:24 UTC

Retain original headers

[Possible duplicate Alert... Posted on gmane a few days ago but did
not appear on my server... now posted direct to list]

Running SA 3.0.2

I may be just missunderstanding something here, if so I hope someone
will help me straighten out my flawed view of how this works.

I pull down mail from an isp server over POP3, to my linux box running
fetchmail and sendmail.

In messages flagged as spam that have the encapsulated original
message, I don't see the original headers.  Only a few headers like
From: Subject: Cc: Msgid:  (maybe a few more).

So where are the original `Received:' or the many others that would
normally be there?

First I thought they were retained in the message headers that do not
get encapsulated, but on many of the spam flagged messages I see only
one `Received:' and that is my localhost recieving from my local
sendmail.

These messages would have had to have more `Received:' headers from
when the ISP pulled them in, wouldn't they?

As it arrives now, some spam mail appears to have been injected
directly into my local sendmail, but can not have been since it is
invisible from the internet.

I'd like to get the old behavior temporarily, where SA just inserted
headers into the mail instead of encapsulating etc.  Just to see what
is really happening for sure.

Scanning thru perldoc Mail::SpamAssassin::conf, nothing jumped out at
me in the way of a flag or long var or whatever to get the old
behavior.

Re: Retain original headers

Posted by Kevin Peuhkurinen <ke...@meridiancu.ca>.
Harry Putnam wrote:

>[Possible duplicate Alert... Posted on gmane a few days ago but did
>
>I'd like to get the old behavior temporarily, where SA just inserted
>headers into the mail instead of encapsulating etc.  Just to see what
>is really happening for sure.
>
>Scanning thru perldoc Mail::SpamAssassin::conf, nothing jumped out at
>me in the way of a flag or long var or whatever to get the old
>behavior.

Adding "report_safe 0 " to your /etc/mail/spamassassinlocal.cf file will stop SA from encapsulating the original email.   If you want the message encapsulated with the original Recieved headers, use "report_safe_copy_headers recieved" instead.

Kevin