Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by Ilya Kasnacheev <il...@gmail.com> on 2020/10/02 15:14:54 UTC

Re: 2.8.1 : INFO org.apache.ignite.spi.communication.tcp.TcpCommunicationSpi [] - Accepted incoming communication connection

Hello!

Can you please perhaps share a reproducer project?

Ilya Kasnacheev

Posted by Ilya Kasnacheev <il...@gmail.com>.
Hello!

We have a lot of tests which do exactly that, and they don't seem to
exhibit that behavior. Please provide a reproducer.

Ilya Kasnacheev

Posted by VeenaMithare <v....@cmcmarkets.com>.
Hi Alexey,

Please find the debug logs attached.

This log "Client creation failed" is present in server2.log

regards,
Veena.
serverlogs.zip
<http://apache-ignite-users.70518.x6.nabble.com/file/t2757/serverlogs.zip>

Posted by VeenaMithare <v....@cmcmarkets.com>.
Sure. Let me get back on this.

Posted by "alexey.plotnik" <od...@gmail.com>.
Could you plz attach DEBUG log of the server node running on Linux machine
from the moment server starts until client re-connect after being stopped?
So, full logs basically

-----
Alexey Plotnik

Posted by VeenaMithare <v....@cmcmarkets.com>.
Hi Alexey,

I am able to reproduce this on my linux env. by doing a kill -9 .  Please
find the logs from my linux env. attached.
temp.log
<http://apache-ignite-users.70518.x6.nabble.com/file/t2757/temp.log>
Also note in our linux env. we have dual ip for our boxes - not sure if that
contributes to this issue.

Also I do not see this log in the INFO mode in our client logs :
Sending local node ID (bc6ae633-b643-44ba-afab-321dbf01aaf1 to newly
accepted session ...

I will try shutting down the client with ctrl+c on windows and check if that
helps.

regards,
Veena.

Posted by "alexey.plotnik" <od...@gmail.com>.
VeenaMithare wrote
> The reproducer code works fine on my home mac ( I dont see the 100s of
> logs)- so not sure if the issue is because of a. Change in OS - at home I
> use mac and office it is windows/linux.b. Change in the network ( between
> my home and office )Any thoughts on how I can debug further  ?--Sent from:
> http://apache-ignite-users.70518.x6.nabble.com/

Hi there.It's reproduced both in Intellij Idea and from cmd on Win 10. It's
NOT reproduced on Linux cli.What happens here: server node does not receive
TcpDiscoveryNodeLeftMessage to let client node left the cluster. Instead
client app is killed, server node understands it and try to reconnect,
client node continues stay in topology and if yo start it in short time you
will see in server logs a lot of handshake errorsand in client log a lot of
You can see client node sends old Node ID.It looks like server node does not
receive "TcpDiscoveryNodeLeftMessage" message from client when you stop the
client app. When stopped from Idea or by closing CMD window the target
process does not receive SIGINT signal.You can try to stop the client app on
windows with "Ctrl-C" shortcut, then client will send left node message, you
will see it in client logs:then in server logs:When using IDEA please try to
run client app in debug mode, it sends SIGINT signal to app when you click
"Stop" button.Anyway when running on Linux I cant reproduce the same
behaviour when stopping the client process with something like "kill
-9".I'll try the situation whne number of client nodes is more than one.

-----
Alexey Plotnik

Posted by VeenaMithare <v....@cmcmarkets.com>.
Unfortunately , will be difficult to try this - since we are working from
home and are connected to office network through citrix .

Posted by "alexey.plotnik" <od...@gmail.com>.
VeenaMithare wrote
> The reproducer code works fine on my home mac ( I dont see the 100s of
> logs)
> - so not sure if the issue is because of
> a. Change in OS - at home I use mac and office it is windows/linux.
> b. Change in the network ( between my home and office )
>
> Any thoughts on how I can debug further  ?

Hi there.

It's reproduced both in Intellij Idea and from cmd on Win 10. It's NOT
reproduced on Linux cli.

What happens here: server node does not receive TcpDiscoveryNodeLeftMessage
to let client node left the cluster. Instead client app is killed, server
node understands this case and try to reconnect, client node continues stay
in topology and if you start it again in short time you will see in server
logs a lot of handshake errors:

and in client log a lot of

You can see client node sends old Node ID.

It looks like server node does not receive "TcpDiscoveryNodeLeftMessage"
message from client when you stop the client app. When stopped from Idea or
by closing CMD window the target process does not receive SIGINT signal.

You can try to stop the client app on windows with "Ctrl-C" shortcut or run
it in Idea in *debug mode*, then client will send left node message, you
will see it in client logs:

then in server logs:

When using IDEA please try to run client app in debug mode, it sends SIGINT
signal to app when you click "Stop" button so the client app signal handler
is invoked properly.

Posted by Ilya Kasnacheev <il...@gmail.com>.
Hello!

Network may be relevant here.

Can you try disconnect from your network (turn off wi/fi, unplug ethernet)
and re-try?

Ilya Kasnacheev

Posted by Ilya Kasnacheev <il...@gmail.com>.
Hello!

It's interesting, but I still can't reproduce the issue. Does not seem to
happen to me.

Maybe somebody else will chime in.

Ilya Kasnacheev

Posted by Ilya Kasnacheev <il...@gmail.com>.
Hello!

I am using your reproducer and I did not change dependencies, so I assume
it's on 2.8.1 if your reproducer uses it.

Yes, I'm running both server and client from the reproducer.

Maybe you could record a screencast where you run it and get the result
that you describe?

Ilya Kasnacheev

Posted by Ilya Kasnacheev <il...@gmail.com>.
Hello!

Maybe it's some kind of Windows thing or otherwise depends on your
environment? I have tried to run your reproducer, but I never get these
exceptions. Instead, I will only see:

янв 13, 2021 6:38:56 PM org.apache.ignite.logger.java.JavaLogger info
INFO: Accepted incoming communication connection
[locAddr=/0:0:0:0:0:0:0:1:47100, rmtAddr=/0:0:0:0:0:0:0:1:34890]

Once on the server node after client restart.

Ilya Kasnacheev

Posted by VeenaMithare <v....@cmcmarkets.com>.
Hi Ilya,

Did you get a chance to look in to this ..?

regards,
Veena.

Posted by VeenaMithare <v....@cmcmarkets.com>.
Hi Ilya,

Please find the reproducer project attached.

Steps to reproduce :
1. Run the server.java
2. Run the ListenerClient.java. Wait till it starts fully.
3. Stop and start the client again ( within the failuredetectiontimeout of
10 secs. )

You will see these logs on the console.

Another thing I noticed today is that , the logs seem to be connected to
this code in Server.java
            ignite.active(true);
            addPersistentCacheConfiguration(
                    ignite);

If I comment out the above lines and try the steps above, I dont get those
logs.

regards,
Veena. ClientConnectProject.zip
<http://apache-ignite-users.70518.x6.nabble.com/file/t2757/ClientConnectProject.zip>