Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by Willie Pierce <kn...@gmail.com> on 2012/10/21 17:40:56 UTC

Notes

Id like to see a note feature.  Something in writer that drops it down into
small little note scripts.  When saved it would save as a regular document
but the small little bits could be set up to sit ontop of all pages so that
you can take notes easily.

--

Willie Pierce

Re: Notes

Posted by Willie Pierce <kn...@gmail.com>.
I was more thinking I am watching something like an online tutorial.  I
have it fairly large so that I can see whats going on.  or Im reading
something and want to take notes.  I don't want to read a little jump to
the office window (in the process loose view of what I'm trying to take
notes on) tab back to the document I'm trying to read.

I was more thinking something like Stickies on the mac or Microsoft
Onenote.  Where you could tell it to go into note taking mode and the
office pane would become say a couple inches square and off to a corner.
Allowing you to save your notes in a formate that is easily readable by
other programs.  My mac already does this with its built in stickies.  My
windows PC on the other hand doesn't.  I used to have a copy of Microsoft
Onenote and if you ever needed to move a file off of it and into word it
was a hassle.  So I pretty well see no reason to ever buy it again.  It
would be easier for me to use note pad and shrink down its window and use
it like that.

Which is what I typically do.  Sometimes I don't think about going back and
checking what I'm writing for spelling or content.  Id like to find a
program that could handle that.

On Mon, Oct 22, 2012 at 9:22 AM, Dan Lewis <el...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 10/22/2012 08:44 AM, Willie Pierce wrote:
>
>> I was more thinking I am watching something like an online tutorial.  I
>> have it fairly large so that I can see whats going on.  or Im reading
>> something and want to take notes.  I don't want to read a little jump to
>> the office window (in the process loose view of what I'm trying to take
>> notes on) tab back to the document I'm trying to read.
>>
>> I was more thinking something like Stickies on the mac or Microsoft
>> Onenote.  Where you could tell it to go into note taking mode and the
>> office pane would become say a couple inches square and off to a corner.
>> Allowing you to save your notes in a formate that is easily readable by
>> other programs.  My mac already does this with its built in stickies.  My
>> windows PC on the other hand doesn't.  I used to have a copy of Microsoft
>> Onenote and if you ever needed to move a file off of it and into word it
>> was a hassle.  So I pretty well see no reason to ever buy it again.  It
>> would be easier for me to use note pad and shrink down its window and use
>> it like that.
>>
>> Which is what I typically do.  Sometimes I don't think about going back
>> and
>> checking what I'm writing for spelling or content.  Id like to find a
>> program that could handle that.
>>
>      Have you tried Insert Comment (Control+ALT+C)?
>
> --Dan

Current theme song
I hope you die
Bloodhound gang

Willie Pierce

Re: Notes

Posted by Dan Lewis <el...@gmail.com>.

Re: Notes

Re: Notes

Posted by Willie Pierce <kn...@gmail.com>.
Sorry about that.  My mail program said it didn't send, so I told it to
retry.

Willie Pierce

Re: Notes

Posted by James Plante <ji...@me.com>.
Won't "Insert->comment" do that for you?

Jim Plante

Re: Notes

Posted by Willie Pierce <kn...@gmail.com>.

Re: Notes