Posted to dev@uima.apache.org by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com> on 2007/05/19 13:44:08 UTC

asking for confirmation of change to initCASIndexes in CASImpl

initCASIndexes in CASImpl starts off with:

    public void initCASIndexes() throws CASException {
        if (null == this.ts.getType(CAS.TYPE_NAME_SOFA)) {
            throw new CASException(CASException.MUST_COMMIT_TYPE_SYSTEM,
null);
        }
        ... more

The MUST_COMMIT_TYPE_SYSTEM message is:
"Type system has not been committed; cannot create base index."

As part of work on Jira issue
http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/UIMA-386 to support class loader
switching,
the internal structure of CASes and Views, are being somewhat
re-arranged.  Part of this is to rearrange the type system so
that when a new type system is created, it is initialized with the uima
pre-defined / built-in types.

Therefore this test will always return true.

I proposed to change this test to test if the type system has been
committed, which seems to be what the
actual requirement is.

Please let me know if I've missed something here.

-Marshall