Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Zbigniew Szalbot <zb...@szalbot.homedns.org> on 2007/08/24 13:44:00 UTC

report_header and use_terse_report errors

Hello,

Using SpamAssassin Server version 3.2.1. I added report_header and
use_terse_report to local.cf but when restarting spamd, I got information
that sa cannot parse these options. Are these options obsolete or should
they be placed elsewhere?

Thank you!

Zbigniew Szalbot

Re: report_header and use_terse_report errors

Posted by Matt Kettler <mk...@verizon.net>.
Zbigniew Szalbot wrote:

> I went for the report_safe 0 option but what I would really like to get is
> also the spam YES/NO flag in it.
>
> I have X-Spam-Score: 22.7 (++++++++++++++++++++++)
> X-Spam-Report - rather lengthy description of why the email was classified
> as such but no X-Spam-Status or -Flag which makes it harder for some dumb
> MUAs to filter emails.

That's interesting, as that's nothing like the defaults.

Is there an X-Spam-Checker-Version in the headers? or just that weird
score and spam-report?

How are you calling SA? Are you using something like MailScanner,
mimdefang, etc? or are you just doing something like calling
spamassassin or spamc from a procmail script?

Do you use spamc/spamd? If so, did you restart spamd after your edits?

> How can I set it? I used to have add_header all Status _YESNO_ but it did
> not give me the simple YES/NO code and still does not.

Did you do a clear_headers? Spamassasin adds a X-Spam-Status header by
default, so even without any header options at all you should get one.

If I do this in my confing:
------------------------------
clear_headers
add_header all Status _YESNO_
------------------------------

I get these headers (X-Spam-Checker-Version is not removable without
hacking the code, SA *always* adds it)

Re: report_header and use_terse_report errors

Posted by Zbigniew Szalbot <zb...@szalbot.homedns.org>.
Dear Matt and others,

--
Zbigniew Szalbot
www.slowo.pl

Re: report_header and use_terse_report errors

Posted by Matt Kettler <mk...@verizon.net>.
Zbigniew Szalbot wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Using SpamAssassin Server version 3.2.1. I added report_header and
> use_terse_report to local.cf but when restarting spamd, I got information
> that sa cannot parse these options. Are these options obsolete or should
> they be placed elsewhere?

Actually, one more relevant option...

report_safe 0

That will, by itself, give you headers-only markups. You can then use
the add_header command to add different kinds of reports to the headers,
if the defaults aren't enough.

report_template defines the in-body report format, so won't be used once
you turn on report_safe 0. (unless you use the _SUMMARY_ tag in an
add_header, which is unwise, as summary is rather long and intended for
body reporting)

Re: report_header and use_terse_report errors

Posted by Matt Kettler <mk...@verizon.net>.
Zbigniew Szalbot wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Using SpamAssassin Server version 3.2.1. I added report_header and
> use_terse_report to local.cf but when restarting spamd, I got information
> that sa cannot parse these options. Are these options obsolete or should
> they be placed elsewhere?

Obsolete, as of SA 2.60.

see report_template and add_header in the man Mail::SpamAssassin::Conf.