Posted to dev@iota.apache.org by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com> on 2018/01/04 08:30:04 UTC

Re: [VOTE] Moving iota to 'attic' status

Hi,

I believe you need a vote on the IPMC general list to do that right?

While there does seem some interest from some people outside the project I don't see any pull requests or on list discussion on what to do and I have some doubts if there enough of a PPMC to continue oversight of the project.

Lets give it a few days and see if anyone else says anything and if not then hold a vote there.

Thanks,
Justin

Re: [VOTE] Moving iota to 'attic' status

Posted by "John D. Ament" <jo...@apache.org>.
I suspect we can consider this a positive vote, as a result does it make sense to move on to the general@incubator vote?

Posted by Gunnar Tapper <ta...@gmail.com>.
+1

On Thu, Jan 4, 2018 at 9:19 AM, Hadrian Zbarcea <hz...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I think there is, or could be enough PPMC to provide oversight, but that's
> not the point. I understand your perception, but that (true or not) is a
> consequence of lack of activity on the project. One cannot have more active
> oversight than active contributors.
>
> Unfortunately contributions were limited to mostly 2 people and even those
> were in bursts. A release of something useful to a larger audience was
> constantly delayed. We all agree that the execution did not follow the
> vision and the interest expressed is not backed up by contributions.
>
> I do not see any reason to delay the move to attic, even by a few days.
>
> Hadrian
>
> On 01/04/2018 03:30 AM, Justin Mclean wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I believe you need a vote on the IPMC general list to do that right?
>>
>> While there does seem some interest from some people outside the project
>> I don't see any pull requests or on list discussion on what to do and I
>> have some doubts if there enough of a PPMC to continue oversight of the
>> project.
>>
>> Lets give it a few days and see if anyone else says anything and if not
>> then hold a vote there.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Justin

Gunnar

Re: [VOTE] Moving iota to 'attic' status

Posted by Hadrian Zbarcea <hz...@gmail.com>.