Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Tony Collen <co...@umn.edu> on 2003/07/02 09:07:31 UTC

[VIRUS] Virus Alert

Hi list-

I just got an email apparently from ovidiu@apache.org with the subject
"Re: Application" which had a .zip file attached.  The .zip file had
some sort of .pif file inside, which I assume is a virus.

Please take caution if you get a strange message like this... I was only
saved because I run pine on the address that this was sent to.

Tony

Re: [VIRUS] Virus Alert

Posted by Sylvain Wallez <sy...@anyware-tech.com>.
David Crossley wrote:

>Thanks for the alert. We have all been getting this for some time.
>Even worse, it makes itself appear to be sent by people we know and
>trust. Even more worse, the "senders" then get hammered by recipients'
>mail agents telling us that we have sent a virus. I hope that we don't
>get blacklisted. Watch out for "Re: Movie" as well.

Yep. I sometimes receive dozens of "Re: Movie" and "Re: your
application" each day. Thanks to Mozilla filters, all this goes directly
to the trash !
Filtering virus warning replies is more difficult, however.

Sylvain

Re: [VIRUS] Virus Alert

Posted by David Crossley <cr...@indexgeo.com.au>.