Posted to user@hadoop.apache.org by Henry Hung <YT...@winbond.com> on 2014/11/25 03:35:17 UTC

how to increate data node expire time

Hi All,

In Hadoop 2.2.0, how to increase the data node expire time before name node list it as a dead node?

I want to shut down a data node for 30 minutes, and I don't want the name node to list it as dead node to prevent the re-replication process.

Best regards,
Henry

The privileged confidential information contained in this email is intended for use only by the addressees as indicated by the original sender of this email. If you are not the addressee indicated in this email or are not responsible for delivery of the email to such a person, please kindly reply to the sender indicating this fact and delete all copies of it from your computer and network server immediately. Your cooperation is highly appreciated. It is advised that any unauthorized use of confidential information of Winbond is strictly prohibited; and any information in this email irrelevant to the official business of Winbond shall be deemed as neither given nor endorsed by Winbond.

RE: how to increate data node expire time

Posted by Henry Hung <YT...@winbond.com>.
Thank you for the information.

Another thing, if I set the expire time to 1 hour, will it have bad impact to cluster when I shutdown 1 of the data node?

Posted by Henry Hung <YT...@winbond.com>.

Posted by Henry Hung <YT...@winbond.com>.

Posted by Henry Hung <YT...@winbond.com>.