Posted to users@maven.apache.org by William Ferguson <Wi...@yarris.com> on 2007/05/16 08:54:32 UTC

Determining project.version from maven-release-plugin

I have a plugin that needs to run either during after the
maven-release-plugin has doen a prepare.
I suspect after will be easier to manage.

My plugin needs as a minimum the ${project.version} at which the project
was released. Ie not the SNAPSHOT version either before or after.

How do I get that intermediate ${project.version}?

William

Re: Determining project.version from maven-release-plugin

Posted by Steven Rowe <sa...@syr.edu>.
Hi William,

The way I do this is by reading in the release.properties file that
release:prepare generates, something like:

  import java.util.Properties;
    Properties releaseProps = new Properties();
    releaseProps.load(new FileInputStream("release.properties"));
    String releaseVersion = releaseProps.get
        ("project.rel." + groupId + ":" + artifactId);

Steve