Posted to dev@mina.apache.org by Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@gmail.com> on 2008/08/14 09:04:47 UTC

[Software grant] was : Re: Re : svn commit: r685389 [4/4] - in /mina/trunk/core/src/main/java/org/apache/mina/proxy: ./ event/ filter/ handlers/ handlers/http/ handlers/http/basic/ handlers/http/digest/ handlers/http/ntlm/ handlers/socks/ session/ utils/

Julien Vermillard wrote:
> Hi,
> If you are the copyright older, it's not a problem cause the CLA cover
> that, the best is probably to add nothing to the header.

I _think_ that, as the current piece of code is already licensed as GPL
2.0, you may have to fill a software grant and fax it :
http://www.apache.org/licenses/software-grant.txt :

"When an individual or corporation decides to donate a body of existing
software or documentation to one of the Apache projects, they need to
execute a formal Software Grant
<http://www.apache.org/licenses/software-grant.txt> agreement with the
ASF. Typically, this is done after negotiating approval with the ASF
Incubator <http://incubator.apache.org/> or one of the PMCs, since the
ASF will not accept software unless there is a viable community
available to support a collaborative project."

To be double-checked !
> For the example, I have no clue, I would think since there is no
> copyright licence, we need the author agreement and the best is to ask
> in the legal mailing list how to procede.

There is something on the top if the page :
"Permission to use, copy, modify, and distribute this document for any
purpose and without any fee is hereby granted, provided that the above
copyright notice and this list of conditions appear in all copies"

So if the notice and conditions are available, there is no problem so far.

Hope it helps...

cordialement, regards,
Emmanuel Lécharny
www.iktek.com