Posted to dev@hbase.apache.org by Enis Söztutar <en...@apache.org> on 2015/01/26 02:21:45 UTC

No commits to branch-1.0 today please

I am trying to cut the 1.0.0RC1. Appreciate if no commits come in for
today.

Enis

Re: No commits to branch-1.0 today please

Posted by Stack <st...@duboce.net>.
On Sun, Jan 25, 2015 at 11:00 PM, Enis Söztutar <en...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Do you have a script to update CHANGES.txt ? We should bring that in to
> make_rc.sh.

I don't have one. Can only get a report with 100 issues max in it from JIRA
which for big releases with > 100 items fixed messes w/ our being able to
do a complete CHANGES.txt (I did not find a way to page and get items 101+,
etc)

> Usually for me, it is mostly running update CHANGES.txt, run make_rc.sh,
> then tag.

make_rc.sh still of use though only the one hadoop target now?  Interesting.

St.Ack

Posted by lars hofhansl <la...@apache.org>.
I guess my point was that we do need to test the branch but rather only the tag. So the only important part is to ensure consistency between CHANGES.txt and the tag (and jira, but that can be changed after the fact too).Then I do all testing based on the tag. If I find any issues I start again (i.e. make the necessary changes and update CHANGES.txt and/or move the tag).
So as long as there are no issues found during the final testing, which is usually the case at least in 0.94, there is never any issue with other commits.

-- Lars
.. and because we are using git, this is all local. I won't be able to commit to the branch if someone has changed upstream, so when that happens I fetch, rebase, redo the tag, then push. Upstream doesn't get messy.

I update the version in the POMs, update CHANGES.txt, then tag, then do the rest of the release mechanics, so the time where commits to the branch would be a problem is very short, < 5 minutes.

Posted by Andrew Purtell <ap...@apache.org>.

Posted by Andrew Purtell <ap...@apache.org>.

--
Best regards,

   - Andy

(via Tom White)

Re: No commits to branch-1.0 today please

Posted by Enis Söztutar <en...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Enis Söztutar <en...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Andrew Purtell <ap...@apache.org>.

--