Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by stan chang <ts...@excite.com> on 2001/04/09 18:32:21 UTC

linux classpath problem?

Greetings -

I'm trying to add a library for my application, however I can't get tomcat
to find it in the classpath.  I've added the directory of the classes to the
tomcat shell script (where I declared a CLASSPATH variable and exported it).

My setup is an RPM install on a Linux kernal 2.2.14 box. (I make this note
because I believe it doesn't come with the normal /bin directory - just a
tomcat shell script).

I'm trying to add some JavaMail libraries which I have included in <tomcat
home>/lib and <tomcat home>/webapps/MY_APP/WEB-INF/lib.  But when I use a
function that refers to the class I get the following error:

Internal Servlet Error:
	javax.servlet.ServletException: javax/activation/DataSource

Root cause:
	java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javax/activation/DataSource

>From what I can gather, tomcat can't see the classes I need and is crashing
because of that.  I have the exact same setup on my NT box and it works
fine.  The only difference with my NT setup is that I installed using the
tomcat.zip file which DOES include the normal /bin directory.

Please help!

Thanks in advance.

stan

Send a cool gift with your E-Card
http://www.bluemountain.com/giftcenter/

Re: linux classpath problem?

Posted by Dries Watteyne <dr...@digibel.org>.
Hello,

the java mail api isn't enough (javax.activation.DataSource isn't included in
that api). You have to add the j2ee library or the jaf-1.0.1 library (see
java.sun.com).

Dries