Posted to user@spark.apache.org by SK <sk...@gmail.com> on 2014/09/20 02:52:56 UTC

Spark Streaming compilation error: algebird not a member of package com.twitter

Hi,

I am using the latest release Spark 1.1.0. I am trying to build the
streaming examples (under examples/streaming) as a standalone project with
the following streaming.sbt file. When I run sbt assembly, I get an error
stating that object algebird is not a member of  package com.twitter. I
tried adding the dependency spark-streaming-algebird, but that was not
recognized. What  dependency should I be including for algebird?

import AssemblyKeys._

assemblySettings

name := "spark_stream_examples"

version := "1.0"

scalaVersion := "2.10.4"

libraryDependencies += "org.apache.spark" %% "spark-sql" % "1.1.0" %
"provided"

libraryDependencies += "org.apache.spark" %% "spark-streaming" % "1.1.0" %
"provided"

libraryDependencies += "org.apache.spark" %% "spark-streaming-twitter" %
"1.1.0"

libraryDependencies += "org.apache.spark" %% "spark-streaming-flume" %
"1.1.0"

libraryDependencies += "org.apache.spark" %% "spark-streaming-zeromq" %
"1.1.0"

libraryDependencies += "org.apache.spark" %% "spark-streaming-mqtt" %
"1.1.0"

libraryDependencies += "org.apache.spark" %% "spark-streaming-kafka" %
"1.1.0"

//libraryDependencies += "org.apache.spark" %% "spark-streaming-algebird" %
"1.1.0"

resolvers += "Akka Repository" at "http://repo.akka.io/releases/"

Re: Spark Streaming compilation error: algebird not a member of package com.twitter

Posted by Tathagata Das <ta...@gmail.com>.
There is not artifact call spark-streaming-algebird . To use the algebird,
you will have add the following dependency (in maven format)

<dependency>
      <groupId>com.twitter</groupId>
      <artifactId>algebird-core_${scala.binary.version}</artifactId>
      <version>0.1.11</version>
    </dependency>

This is what is used in spark/examples/pom.xml

TD