Posted to users@pdfbox.apache.org by lalit gupta <la...@yahoo.com.INVALID> on 2017/07/04 05:39:47 UTC

Split PDF help required

Hi Team, I need a help while splitting PDF . Here I want to split PDF says with 50 pages PDF into multiple PDFs.Logic should be something like I need to find a keywords into a PDF page and need to split PDF from that location.Eg. So 50 pages PDF can be splited into multiple PDFs depends on key words.So if same key word found on 10 times then out put will be 10 PDF from 50 PDF.And each PDF will represent one transaction.
Thanks .

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

Re: Split PDF help required

Posted by Tilman Hausherr <TH...@t-online.de>.
Am 04.07.2017 um 10:47 schrieb lalit gupta:
> Hi ,
> Can you please send some demo or code if possible. I tried something around but couldn't help.Flow will be like Read source PDFFind key or header info in source PDFSplit PDF And find occurrence of same key word and split it .

Please don't crosspost. Post only to the users list.

You need to do two things:

- read text by page => use PDFTextStripper

|PDFTextStripper stripper = new PDFTextStripper(); stripper.setStartPage(
2 ); stripper.setEndPage( 3 ); stripper.writeText( ... ); |

- create new PDF from existing pages => just add the existing PDPage
objects from the old to your new PDDocument. Make sure not to close the
original document before the new ones are saved.

Tilman

Re: Split PDF help required

Re: Split PDF help required

Posted by Gilad Denneboom <gi...@gmail.com>.