Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Samuel Bruce <bp...@yahoo.com> on 2004/03/16 15:58:27 UTC

Cocoon App Invocation & server.xml

Hi,

I developed a cocoon app which I invoke in my browser
with:

http://localhost:8080/myapp

After development, I wanted to be able to invoke my
app from my browser with:

http://localhost:8080

I did this by editing the server.xml file in my
catalina_ home/conf directory, inserting:

<Context path="" docBase="myapp" debug="0"/>

This worked except for the problem that I have some
absoulte paths in my application which cause this to
fail.
I circumvented this problem by creating a folder in
webapps called "start" which has an index.html that
loads my app as follows:

(server.xml)
<Context path="" docBase="start" debug="0"/>

(index.html)
   <form action="http://localhost:8080/myapp"
name="f">
   </form>

This also worked but I have the problem now of
accessing pipelines like "myapp/pattern" where
(obviously) "pattern" is a pattern which is matched in
a pipeline in my sitemap.

I want to be able to invoke "myapp" and "pattern" from
my browser using

http://localhost:8080 and
http://localhost:8080/pattern

respectively. What is the best way to do this without
re-writing my app?

Thanks.

AW: Passing sitemap parameters to JSP pages

Posted by Marco Rolappe <m_...@web.de>.
hi garrick,

of course you can pass parameters but not 'sitemap parameters' per se, since
JSP pages are not aware of the sitemap (how would you get at the sitemap
parameters from within a JSP?). the most straightforward IMO would be to
pass those parameters as request or session attributes which you should be
able to access without any trouble. have a look at
SessionPropagatorAction/PropagatorAction (and OutputModule's) or write your
own action(s) to do the work.

Re: Cocoon App Invocation & server.xml

Posted by Samuel Bruce <bp...@yahoo.com>.
Hi,

No.

Before my app was at http://localhost:8080/myapp and
once invoking my app at the above location, a pattern
in my sitemap (<map:match pattern="apattern/hello">)
worked. Since I made the previously mentioned change
in server.xml, I could invoke my app at
http://localhost:8080 but for some reason inside my
app when there was a link to
http://localhost:8080/apattern/hello, I got a 404
message.

I found out what the problem was. I assumed that since
one such pattern didn't work they all didn't. But
others did. In fact the only one that didn't was a
pattern called "admin/hello". It turns out that there
is a Tomcat application called admin and that's why
the pattern wasn't being found. It was looking in the
Tomcat application. Once I changed my code from
"admin" all was well.

Thanks for your help. Your responses led me to think
that what I was doing should have worked, so I began
to investigate why it wasn't working which led me to
try to load an "admin" app. That brought up the Tomcat
admin jsp.

Thanks again for helping me solve this problem.

Posted by Mark Lundquist <ml...@wrinkledog.com>.

Posted by Samuel Bruce <bp...@yahoo.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Mark Lundquist <ml...@wrinkledog.com>.