Posted to dev@nifi.apache.org by hemantvsn <he...@gmail.com> on 2017/06/27 13:33:35 UTC

Expression Language For AMQP Processors

Hi,

For publishing/consuming messages on Rabbit queue, NIFI provides support via
PublishAMQP and ConsumeAMQP processors.

However, only limited properties support EL while others don't.

Properties supporting EL
Exchange Name
Routing Key

Thus we can dynamically control these.

However remaining properties like
hostname
port
username
password

aren't controlled by EL

Any idea why this was done and things to do to make them configurable

Re: Expression Language For AMQP Processors

Posted by Joey Frazee <jo...@icloud.com>.
Sometimes it’s just an historical oversight that EL support isn’t available for certain properties, but in this case the connection is initialized only once, so the connection specific properties like hostname, port, username and password cannot be evaluated against FlowFile attributes in any meaningful way.

Now, since this processor was first contributed, the variable registry was added so there is now a scenario where you could use EL and properties from the variable registry. This would be a reasonable enhancement, though there’s a risk of confusion since it won’t behave correctly if the expressions are in terms of FlowFile attributes.

-joey