Posted to dev@airflow.apache.org by Bolke de Bruin <bd...@gmail.com> on 2018/07/01 10:02:34 UTC

Re: Apache Airflow 1.10.0b3

Separating the tests is where the effort lies. So having that as a consequence of splitting the packages would be nice. It has come up a couple of times but it was not picked up unfortunately.

B.

Re: Splitting hooks/operators

Posted by Ash Berlin-Taylor <as...@firemirror.com>.
I have a few questions about the split: How do we ensure that changes to core doesn't break hooks/operators unintentionally? Will we release hooks at the same time as Airflow? Will there some hooks/ops in core still? Will apache-airflow (the python package) depend upon apache-airflow-operators? The otherway around?

The bigger question to me is how much will splitting the hooks help test times? Looking at one of Travis jobs just now and the slow tests were https://travis-ci.org/apache/incubator-airflow/jobs/402914949#L6076: <https://travis-ci.org/apache/incubator-airflow/jobs/402914949#L6076:>

 <>[success] 3.48% tests.transplant_class.<locals>.C.test_scheduler_start_date: 50.6752s
 <>[success] 2.38% tests.transplant_class.<locals>.C.test_scheduler_multiprocessing: 34.5760s
 <>[success] 2.38% tests.transplant_class.<locals>.C.test_new_import_error_replaces_old: 34.5627s
 <>[success] 2.12% tests.transplant_class.<locals>.C.test_backfill: 30.8402s
 <>[success] 1.39% tests.executors.test_celery_executor.CeleryExecutorTest.test_celery_integration: 20.1523s
 <>[success] 1.32% tests.transplant_class.<locals>.C.test_schedule_dag_no_end_date_up_to_today_only: 19.2137s
 <>[success] 1.06% tests.transplant_class.<locals>.C.test_impersonation_subdag: 15.4438s
 <>[success] 1.04% tests.sensors.test_timeout_sensor.SensorTimeoutTest.test_timeout: 15.0731s
 <>[success] 1.01% tests.transplant_class.<locals>.C.test_subdag_deadlock: 14.7244s
 <>[success] 0.97% tests.www_rbac.test_views.TestPoolModelView.test_create_pool_with_same_name: 14.0634s
 <>[success] 0.96% tests.www_rbac.test_views.TestLogView.test_get_file_task_log: 14.0030s
 <>[success] 0.95% tests.www_rbac.test_views.TestVariableModelView.test_can_handle_error_on_decrypt: 13.7853s
 <>[success] 0.93% tests.www_rbac.test_views.TestVariableModelView.test_import_variables: 13.4654s
 <>[success] 0.92% tests.www_rbac.test_views.TestVersionView.test_version: 13.3112s
 <>[success] 0.91% tests.www_rbac.test_views.TestVariableModelView.test_xss_prevention: 13.1712s
 <>[success] 0.90% tests.transplant_class.<locals>.C.test_impersonation_custom: 13.1109s
 <>[success] 0.89% tests.www_rbac.test_views.TestPoolModelView.test_create_pool_with_empty_name: 13.0072s
 <>[success] 0.89% tests.transplant_class.<locals>.C.test_run_ignores_all_dependencies: 13.0002s
 <>[success] 0.89% tests.www_rbac.test_views.TestLogView.test_get_logs_with_metadata: 12.9184s
 <>[success] 0.88% tests.www_rbac.test_views.TestGanttView.test_dt_nr_dr_form_default_parameters: 12.7953s
 <>[success] 0.87% tests.www_rbac.test_views.TestLogView.test_get_logs_with_null_metadata: 12.7197s
 <>[success] 0.87% tests.transplant_class.<locals>.C.test_cli_backfill_depends_on_past: 12.6946s
 <>[success] 0.87% tests.transplant_class.<locals>.C.test_backfill_max_limit_check: 12.6605s
 <>[success] 0.86% tests.transplant_class.<locals>.C.test_backfill_max_limit_check_complete_loop: 12.4513s
The slowest operator test only appears as the 100th slowest test!

I'm not against splitting tests if we have answers to the questions :)

-ash

Re: Apache Airflow 1.10.0b3

Posted by "Driesprong, Fokko" <fo...@driesprong.frl>.
Ah, I picked the wrong tar.gz, Thanks B