Posted to sandesha-dev@ws.apache.org by Amila Suriarachchi <am...@gmail.com> on 2008/10/15 14:06:21 UTC

writing a jdbc persistence manager

hi all,

There seems to be a need for a Sandesha2 persistence manager which can be
committed to Apache. There is a persistence manager written here[1].
But this can not be committed to Apache because of its hibernate dependency.

Taking this into consideration I am planing to write a persistence manger
using direct jdbc. Some guide lines can be taken from the
existing sandesha2-persistence code since that also under Apache compatible
licence.

WDYT?

thanks,
Amila.

[1]http://wso2.org/projects/commons/sandesha2-persistence

--
Amila Suriarachchi
WSO2 Inc.

Re: writing a jdbc persistence manager

Posted by Damitha Kumarage <da...@gmail.com>.
Amila Suriarachchi wrote:

> On Thu, Oct 16, 2008 at 2:14 PM, Thomas McKiernan <MCKIERNA@uk.ibm.com
> <ma...@uk.ibm.com>> wrote:
>
>     I haven't fully looked at this yet, but I did have a quick
>     investigation.
>     I had some odd compile issues that I have yet to resolve and did not
>     investigate the unit tests in any detail.
>     I think we would want both of these to be in good positions before
>     committing anything - do you, or indeed anyone else, have a view?
>

> I had a chance to review the attached source. There were some
> compilation issue and I could fixed them.
> Attached the patch which pass all the test cases with the current trunk.
I compiled with the patch and all 4 tests are successfull. I think it is
OK to commit the patch.
thanks,

Damitha

Posted by Amila Suriarachchi <am...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Thomas McKiernan <MC...@uk.ibm.com>.
[...]

From:
"Amila Suriarachchi" <am...@gmail.com>
To:
Thomas McKiernan/UK/IBM@IBMGB
Cc:
"sandesha-dev@ws.apache.org" <sa...@ws.apache.org>
Date:
16/10/2008 09:35

wrote:
[...]

From:
"Amila Suriarachchi" <am...@gmail.com>
To:
"sandesha-dev@ws.apache.org" <sa...@ws.apache.org>
Date:
15/10/2008 13:14
Subject:

Posted by Amila Suriarachchi <am...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Thomas McKiernan <MC...@uk.ibm.com>.
Hi Amila,

I had a similar question recently out of curiosity.
My Illsley pointed me at the following, which would probably not need a
huge amount of work before it could be committed.

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SANDESHA2-140

Many thanks,
Thomas
----------------------------------
Thomas McKiernan

WebSphere Messaging Development,
IBM United Kingdom Limited

Internal Phone: 248241
External Phone: +44 (0)1962 818241
Mobile: +44 (0)789 1737497
Email: MCKIERNA@uk.ibm.com

Mail Point 211, IBM, Hursley Park, Winchester, Hampshire, England, SO21
2JN

Caminante, no hay camino
Se hace camino al andar.
("Walker, there is no path; the path is made by walking.")  Antonio
Machado

From:
"Amila Suriarachchi" <am...@gmail.com>
To: