Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Jason van Zyl <ja...@maven.org> on 2007/06/21 10:29:27 UTC

Finding the most popular issues for 2.0.x

Hi,

There is the "Popular Issues" in JIRA which shows the votes overall
for a project:

http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MNG?
report=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.project:popularissues-panel

Is there an easy way in JIRA to see this for a specific version like
"2.0.x" ? I want to easily see all the popular issues to try and make
a decision about scheduling for 2.0.8.

I just want a quick look for now, but ultimately I think using
Swizzle would be easier.

Dennis, you interested in using your Swizzle-Fu to try and make a
short report of the most popular issues by version? I want to toss in
the most voted on issues as the first ones to be schedule for 2.0.8.
I can do this manually looking at JIRA but if you want to take a stab
at a report that would be immensely helpful.

Thanks,

Jason

Jason van Zyl
Founder and PMC Chair, Apache Maven
jason at sonatype dot com

Re: Finding the most popular issues for 2.0.x

Posted by Jason van Zyl <ja...@maven.org>.
On 29 Jun 07, at 1:00 PM 29 Jun 07, Dennis Lundberg wrote:

> Sorry, but I've been totally swamped at work. Anyway, there is now
> a little Swizzle script that creates a text report for this:
>
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/maven/sandbox/trunk/shared/reports/
> mng-votes-per-version.vm
>
> java -jar swizzle-jirareport-1.2.1-SNAPSHOT-dep.jar mng-votes-per-
> version.vm > mng-votes-per-version.txt

Awesome, thanks!

I will integrate it into the dashboard.

Posted by Dennis Lundberg <de...@apache.org>.

Jason van Zyl wrote:
> Nope, that's fine. I'd like the issue set for the sprint to be final by
> next Friday so that's cool.
>
> On 23 Jun 07, at 11:05 AM 23 Jun 07, Dennis Lundberg wrote:
>
>> Jason van Zyl wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>> There is the "Popular Issues" in JIRA which shows the votes overall
>>> for a project:
>>> http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MNG?report=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.project:popularissues-panel
>>> Is there an easy way in JIRA to see this for a specific version like
>>> "2.0.x" ? I want to easily see all the popular issues to try and make
>>> a decision about scheduling for 2.0.8.
>>> I just want a quick look for now, but ultimately I think using
>>> Swizzle would be easier.
>>> Dennis, you interested in using your Swizzle-Fu to try and make a
>>> short report of the most popular issues by version? I want to toss in
>>> the most voted on issues as the first ones to be schedule for 2.0.8.
>>> I can do this manually looking at JIRA but if you want to take a stab
>>> at a report that would be immensely helpful.
>>
>> Sure I can have a look at it. Are you in a hurry? I'm kind of
>> constrained for time until Wednesday the 27.
>>
>> --
>> Dennis Lundberg

> Jason

> Jason van Zyl
> Founder and PMC Chair, Apache Maven
> jason at sonatype dot com

Dennis Lundberg

Re: Finding the most popular issues for 2.0.x

Posted by Jason van Zyl <ja...@maven.org>.

Posted by Dennis Lundberg <de...@apache.org>.