Posted to dev@cxf.apache.org by da...@apache.org on 2010/01/22 11:17:15 UTC

[DOSGi] Reworking the system tests

Hi all,

One of the things to-do for the DOSGi refactoring work that's
currently happening on trunk is to re-enable the system tests.
Now both Sergey and I have been fighting with the spring-osgi based
testing system that's there before and I can tell you it's generally
no fun at all. The biggest problem that I've encountered with it is
the interference of the test framework with the CXF-DOSGi code as they
both use Spring-DM but sometimes have conflicting requirements.

So I'd like to spend a little bit of time refactoring the system tests
to use Pax-Exam. I haven't used it in anger yet but I've heard good
things about it and it should not suffer from the interference
problem.

Thoughts anyone?

David

Re: [DOSGi] Reworking the system tests

Posted by Eoghan Glynn <eo...@gmail.com>.
Yep, now that you mention it, tiny bundles were what Toni Menzel of the PAX
team suggested using when we tripped over a similar issue with the SMX
integration tests during the Karaf switch-over.

Cheers,
Eoghan

Posted by da...@apache.org.

Posted by Eoghan Glynn <eo...@gmail.com>.