Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Abdullah Shaikh <ab...@viithiisys.com> on 2009/10/20 14:24:22 UTC

order change

Suppose in an order there are 4 items of £ 20 each, now lets assume that the
order is authorised, i.e. the payment is still not taken from the card, now
if I want to change the quantity of items to 2, that I can do so using the
"Edit Items" button, after modifying the quantity, when I click on "Update
Items", the payment release service gets called which cancels the previous
authorisation for a full amount of 80 and then the payment authorisation
service get called with the amount 40 as per the new quantity.

The issue here is for the new authorisation to take place, the authorisation
that takes place after modifying the quantity, the CV2 code is required,
which we can't store, and that's why new authorisation always fail ? what
can I do in this case ?

Other thing that comes to my mind is, just a thought I might be wrong, why
are we calling the payment release service when the quantity is updated,
cant we just call the payment re-authorization service with the new amount ?

Re: order change

Posted by Scott Gray <sc...@hotwaxmedia.com>.
Inline

Regards
Scott

HotWax Media
http://www.hotwaxmedia.com

On 21/10/2009, at 1:24 AM, Abdullah Shaikh wrote:

> Suppose in an order there are 4 items of £ 20 each, now lets assume
> that the
> order is authorised, i.e. the payment is still not taken from the
> card, now
> if I want to change the quantity of items to 2, that I can do so
> using the
> "Edit Items" button, after modifying the quantity, when I click on
> "Update
> Items", the payment release service gets called which cancels the
> previous
> authorisation for a full amount of 80 and then the payment
> authorisation
> service get called with the amount 40 as per the new quantity.
>
> The issue here is for the new authorisation to take place, the
> authorisation
> that takes place after modifying the quantity, the CV2 code is
> required,
> which we can't store, and that's why new authorisation always fail ?
> what
> can I do in this case ?

My memory is a little vague on this but I believe depending on your
gateway that you can pass in the original authorization token instead
of passing the credit card details such as the cvv.

> Other thing that comes to my mind is, just a thought I might be
> wrong, why
> are we calling the payment release service when the quantity is
> updated,
> cant we just call the payment re-authorization service with the new
> amount ?

Once again depending on your gateway, doing another full authorization
without doing a release can result in the funds for both
authorizations being reserved.