Posted to dev@weex.apache.org by sospartan <so...@apache.org> on 2017/05/05 04:05:35 UTC

Source code from other open source projects

Hi mentors,
Can we directly use/include source code from other projects?
For example, the playground app(android/playground/app/src/main/java_zxing)
using zxing right now. Is this legal as a apache project?

--
Best Regards!
------------------------------

sospartan
https://weex-project.io

Re: Source code from other open source projects

Posted by sospartan <so...@gmail.com>.
I've make changes to LICENSE file and remove src-header in source code from
vuejs[1].

John & Taylor, Thanks for point these thing out.

I'll read these apache documents...  I would have a english degree when
weex graduated
 from incubator.  It's more like a massive network, not some documents.
BTW, what is 'SGA' stands for?

[1]
https://github.com/apache/incubator-weex/commit/d19b3565a7c0ffef3a7178d11d85e7277e77ac3f

Posted by "John D. Ament" <jo...@apache.org>.
On Tue, May 9, 2017 at 12:59 PM P. Taylor Goetz <pt...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On May 9, 2017, at 11:13 AM, Niclas Hedhman <ni...@hedhman.org> wrote:
>
> I am inviting Taylor and John to provide guidance around latest
> requirements. Gentlemen...
>
> Cheers
> Niclas
>
> On Tue, May 9, 2017 at 4:58 PM, sospartan <so...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi Niclas,
>> We have 3 folder contain source codes from other projects.
>>
>> 1.'android/sdk/src/main/java/com/taobao/weex/dom/flex'
>> 2.'ios/sdk/WeexSDK/Sources/Layout/'
>>
>> These two from 'CSSLayout' project(https://github.com/facebook/yoga
>> raname to yoga later 2016). We haven't change any of them.
>>

> As Niclas suggested, if the files are unchanged then just make sure the
> original license header is in place. If you change them later in a
> significant way, add the Apache header.

Just a note - before adding a header to any source file that was not
created here and not part of the original donation, consult with legal on
what to do.

I'll also note that this sounds partially like the original SGA is invalid,
may be worth a follow up on. (We can talk privately about it if you're not
clear).

> Then add either add a pointer to the license or the text of the license in
> your LICENSE file. See here [1] for further guidance.
>
> The commit to the LICENSE file you reference mostly suffices. The only
> thing I would add would be for each license added to LICENSE, make sure you
> point out exactly which file(s) it applies to.
>

>> 3.'html5/frameworks/legacy/core'
>> Codes inside this folder is based on vuejs. And every file contain
>> both vuejs and weex license header
>>
>> NOTICE already include vuejs and yoga.
>> LICENSE have append these two projects' license by recent commit
>>  (
>>
>> https://github.com/apache/incubator-weex/commit/65314df30a50a17929ecb2297cdbe4009616ddd1
>> ).
>>
>> Anything else? I don't see much about 'bundled code' beside append them to
>> LICENSE.
>>

> I think you are on the right track. Again, the Licensing Howto [2] is a
> pretty good guide for sorting this stuff out.

From looking at the code, and the code presently in Vuejs, I'm actually

Posted by "P. Taylor Goetz" <pt...@gmail.com>.

[1] http://www.apache.org/dev/licensing-howto.html#permissive-deps <http://www.apache.org/dev/licensing-howto.html#permissive-deps>

Posted by Niclas Hedhman <ni...@hedhman.org>.