Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by jo...@nokia.com on 2008/01/15 11:44:57 UTC

Symbian/S60 port of Apache httpd

Hi,

A few years ago at Nokia Research Center we ported Apache
httpd to the Symbian/S60 platform (the OS that is used in
Nokia's smartphones) and in the spring of 2006 we open
sourced the results under the name Raccoon
(http://sourceforge.net/projects/raccoon).

Last summer MWS - a consumer oriented mobile web server
based upon Raccoon - was launched (http://mymobilesite.net).

>From the beginning our intention was to get the Symbian port
integrated into the mainstream Apache distribution and now
I'd like to take some concrete steps in that direction.

What is required for a new OS version to be accepted?
How should I proceed?

I'd be happy to provide a description of what modifications
have been made where.

Best regards,
  Johan Wikman

RE: Symbian/S60 port of Apache httpd

Posted by Plüm, Rüdiger, VF-Group <ru...@vodafone.com>.

Yes.

Regards

Rüdiger

RE: Symbian/S60 port of Apache httpd

Posted by Graham Leggett <mi...@sharp.fm>.
On Tue, January 15, 2008 1:40 pm, johan.wikman@nokia.com wrote:

>>Most probably, a port to Symbian would start with Symbian
>>support in the APR library.
>
> Ok, so we should actually start then on the APR development list?

I think it would make the most sense - the lions share of the platform
specific code should in theory be in APR, once APR is ported, httpd (and
any other apps that depend on APR) should follow on relatively easily.

Regards,
Graham
--

RE: Symbian/S60 port of Apache httpd

Posted by jo...@nokia.com.
>I took a brief look at the docs, but could not find anything
>that indicated which version of httpd was ported (1.3.x, 2.0.x, 2.2.x).

Currently 2.2.4

>Most probably, a port to Symbian would start with Symbian
>support in the APR library.

Ok, so we should actually start then on the APR development list?

Johan

Re: Symbian/S60 port of Apache httpd

Posted by Graham Leggett <mi...@sharp.fm>.