Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Do...@Lawson.com on 2005/07/12 01:29:47 UTC

myfaces and tiles

Longer winded question raised no responsesNote from myfaces.apache.org
states that when using myfaces tiles extensions one must use myfaces jsf
implementation.

I'm running in websphere 6.0 and they ship with a jsf-api which gets
loaded first and this screws our webapp up.   How can I configure my
webapp such that only myfaces jars get loaded?

any help is greatly appreciated.  even an rtfm with a pointer to the right
place.

Re: myfaces and tiles

Posted by Do...@Lawson.com.
My understanding is that WebXml.init gets called via the

org.apache.myfaces.webapp.StartupServletContextListener

listener.

Any reason why when I use tomahawk.jar alone rather than myfaces-all.jar
that this listener would not get initialized?

(Platform

websphere 6
Sun jsf-api RI)

Douglas.Campbell@Lawson.com
07/13/2005 03:21 PM
Please respond to
"MyFaces Discussion" <us...@myfaces.apache.org>

"MyFaces Discussion" <us...@myfaces.apache.org>
cc

Subject
Re: myfaces and tiles

thanks,  when I do that I get

[7/13/05 14:34:57:297 PDT] 0000004b SystemErr     R
java.lang.IllegalStateException:
org.apache.myfaces.webapp.webxml.WebXml.init must be called before!
        at
org.apache.myfaces.webapp.webxml.WebXml.getWebXml(WebXml.java:115)
        at
org.apache.myfaces.application.jsp.JspTilesViewHandlerImpl.getServletMapping(JspTilesViewHandlerImpl.java:247)

Sean Schofield <se...@gmail.com>
07/12/2005 12:20 PM

Please respond to
"MyFaces Discussion" <us...@myfaces.apache.org>

MyFaces Discussion <us...@myfaces.apache.org>
cc

Subject
Re: myfaces and tiles

tomahawk.jar (in the nightly build) is what you should be using with
the RI.  That will be clarified shortly in upcoming documentation.

sean

On 7/12/05, Douglas.Campbell@lawson.com <Do...@lawson.com>
wrote:

> [...]
> <se...@gmail.com>
>
> cc
>
> Subject Re: myfaces and tiles
>

> Well, we said it should be compatible, as it doesn't use any classes
>  of the implementation, there might be the odd bug or incompatibility
>  as the API classes may behave differently.
>
>  @Douglas: are you using just the myfaces-tomahawk.jar?
>
>  regards,
>
>  Martin
>
>  On 7/12/05, Sean Schofield <se...@gmail.com> wrote:
>  > I will look into this when I get a chance.  I've been meaning to test
>  > the RI with MyFaces Tiles because I remembered there being a problem.
>  > I've been told that its 100% compatible so I'm going to try and test
>  > for myself.
>  >
>  > We're also going to start testing all of the example apps with the RI
>  > and different app servers.  That's a little ways off but that will
>  > help to raise the confidence level.  If you can't wait for a response
>  > from me on this, you could try the TilesViewHandler that comes with
>  > Shale.
> (http://jroller.com/page/dgeary/20050707#shale_adds_tiles_integration)
>  >
>  > sean
>  >
>  > On 7/11/05, Douglas.Campbell@lawson.com <Do...@lawson.com>
> wrote:
>  > >
>  > > thanks Sean.
>  > >
>  > > only problem is that it isn't working.   The jsf pages come back
from
> the
>  > > webserver truncated i.e.  partially formed.   Can't seem to find
any
> stack
>  > > traces.
>  > >
>  > > When I removed webshere's jsf-api and placed it down in their admin
> console
>  > > lib folder safely tucked away from my webapp,  the jsf pages loaded
up
> fine.
>  > >  Unfortunately, I can't dictate to a websphere admin that he/she
move
> core
>  > > jars around.
>  > >
>  > > Just to see if it would work,  I tried mimicing myfaces
implentation of
>  > > FacesServlet and defining that as my Faces Servlet.   Then I give
this
>  > > unique package and name, define the factories in the myfaces
factory
> node of
>  > > my faces-config.xml file.
>  > >
>  > > When I do this,  I get the following error
>  > >
>  > > java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: could not find
>  > > pathMapping for servletPath = /admin/accounts.jsf requestPathInfo =

org.apache.myfaces.application.jsp.JspTilesViewHandlerImpl.getServletMapping(JspTilesViewHandlerImpl.java:282)
>  > >
>  > >

org.apache.myfaces.application.jsp.JspTilesViewHandlerImpl.renderView(JspTilesViewHandlerImpl.java:114)
>  > >
>  > >

org.apache.myfaces.lifecycle.LifecycleImpl.render(LifecycleImpl.java:299)
>  > >
>  > >
> com.lawson.lbp.web.servlet.FacesServlet.service(FacesServlet.java:114)
>  > >
>  > > Basically,  none of the jsf requests I make are getting mapped.
>  > >
>  > > What do I need to do to make sure those mappings get set up?
>  > >
>  > > thanks again for your help....
>  > >
>  > >
>  > >
>  > >  Sean Schofield <se...@gmail.com>
>  > >
>  > > 07/11/2005 04:39 PM
>  > >
>  > > Please respond to
>  > >  "MyFaces Discussion" <us...@myfaces.apache.org>
>  > >
>  > >
>  > > To MyFaces Discussion <us...@myfaces.apache.org>
>  > >
>  > > cc
>  > >
>  > > Subject Re: myfaces and tiles
>  > >
>  > >
>  > >
>  > >
>  > >
>  > > Recent investigations seem to point to any JSF implentation working
>  > >  with the myfaces tiles.  We're going to be updating the website
soon
>  > >  and we plan to address that fact.  So to answer your question, you
>  > >  should be fine using the RI implementation.
>  > >
>  > >  sean
>  > >
>  > >  On 7/11/05, Douglas.Campbell@lawson.com
<Do...@lawson.com>
>  > > wrote:
>  > >  >
>  > >  > Longer winded question raised no responsesNote from
> myfaces.apache.org
>  > >  > states that when using myfaces tiles extensions one must use
myfaces
> jsf
>  > >  > implementation.
>  > >  >
>  > >  > I'm running in websphere 6.0 and they ship with a jsf-api which
gets
>  > > loaded
>  > >  > first and this screws our webapp up.   How can I configure my
webapp
> such
>  > >  > that only myfaces jars get loaded?
>  > >  >
>  > >  > any help is greatly appreciated.  even an rtfm with a pointer to
the
>  > > right
>  > >  > place.
>  > >
>  > >
>  > >
>  >

Re: myfaces and tiles

Posted by Do...@Lawson.com.

Re: myfaces and tiles

Posted by Sean Schofield <se...@gmail.com>.
> [...]

>  > >  sean
>  > >
>  > >  On 7/11/05, Douglas.Campbell@lawson.com <Do...@lawson.com>
>  > > wrote:
>  > >  >
>  > >  > Longer winded question raised no responsesNote from
> myfaces.apache.org
>  > >  > states that when using myfaces tiles extensions one must use myfaces
> jsf
>  > >  > implementation.
>  > >  >
>  > >  > I'm running in websphere 6.0 and they ship with a jsf-api which gets
>  > > loaded
>  > >  > first and this screws our webapp up.   How can I configure my webapp
> such
>  > >  > that only myfaces jars get loaded?
>  > >  >
>  > >  > any help is greatly appreciated.  even an rtfm with a pointer to the

Re: myfaces and tiles

Posted by Do...@Lawson.com.
I've used the myfaces.jar that came with binary 1.0.9,  and just now am
trying out the myfaces-all.jar that is built from svn myfaces-current,
target dist-all.

Can you explain the thinking behind your tomahawk only question?   Should
I only be using this when the RI (jsf-api.jar) is present?   This is the

Re: myfaces and tiles

Posted by Martin Marinschek <ma...@gmail.com>.

Re: myfaces and tiles

Posted by Sean Schofield <se...@gmail.com>.
> [...]

>  and we plan to address that fact.  So to answer your question, you
>  should be fine using the RI implementation.
>
>  sean
>
>  On 7/11/05, Douglas.Campbell@lawson.com <Do...@lawson.com>
> wrote:
>  >
>  > Longer winded question raised no responsesNote from myfaces.apache.org
>  > states that when using myfaces tiles extensions one must use myfaces jsf
>  > implementation.
>  >
>  > I'm running in websphere 6.0 and they ship with a jsf-api which gets
> loaded
>  > first and this screws our webapp up.   How can I configure my webapp such
>  > that only myfaces jars get loaded?
>  >
>  > any help is greatly appreciated.  even an rtfm with a pointer to the

Re: myfaces and tiles

Posted by Do...@Lawson.com.

Re: myfaces and tiles

Posted by Sean Schofield <se...@gmail.com>.