Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Norman Zhang <no...@rd.arkonnetworks.com> on 2005/03/30 04:11:05 UTC

Config Error

Hi,

I'm seeing the following error in amavisd debug-sa. May I ask how can I
correct this?

config: SpamAssassin failed to parse line, skipping: auto_learn 1

Regards,
Norman Zhang

required_hits 5
rewrite_header Subject [SPAM]
report_safe 0

skip_rbl_checks 0
dns_available yes

use_bayes 1
auto_learn 1
bayes_path /var/lib/amavis/var/.spamassassin/bayes
bayes_file_mode 0640
use_razor2 1
use_dcc 1
use_pyzor 0

auto_whitelist_path     /var/spool/spamassassin/auto-whitelist
auto_whitelist_file_mode        0666
dcc_dccifd_path         /var/lib/dcc/dccifd
dcc_path                /usr/bin
dcc_home                /var/lib/dcc

score DCC_CHECK 4.000
score SPF_FAIL 10.000
score SPF_HELO_FAIL 10.000
score RAZOR2_CHECK 2.500
score BAYES_99 4.300
score BAYES_90 3.500
score BAYES_80 3.000

Re: Config Error

Posted by Jim Maul <jm...@elih.org>.
Matt Kettler wrote:
> Norman Zhang wrote:
>

>>Hi,
>>
>>I'm seeing the following error in amavisd debug-sa. May I ask how can
>>I correct this?
>>
>>config: SpamAssassin failed to parse line, skipping: auto_learn 1
>

> The correct option is bayes_auto_learn, not auto_learn.
>
> The old "auto_learn" was correct in the 2.50 version, but deprecated a
> long time ago with the introduction of SA 2.60, However all of SA 2.6x
> still accepted it.
>
> SA 3.0 has stopped accepting the old syntax.

I reported this months ago and its still on the SA site now.

http://spamassassin.apache.org/downloads.cgi STILL says:

Other stuff regarding released versions
Michael Moncur has written a very good configuration tool which will
generate a local.cf or user_prefs file for you, once you fill out a few
simple questions.

"configuration tool" links to http://www.yrex.com/spam/spamconfig.php
which is a page to auto generate a local.cf but its way out of date.
There is a note on the page itself which states:

This is designed to work with SpamAssassin 2.5x only. It will not work
correctly with previous versions. Important: SpamAssassin 2.6 and 3.0
are incompatible with this tool's configuration syntax. I'm working on
an updated version, contact me for information.

But perhaps it would be better to remove it completely from the SA page
until the config tool page is updated?  Its really just causing more
harm than good at this point.

-Jim

Re: Config Error

Posted by Matt Kettler <mk...@evi-inc.com>.

Re: Config Error

Posted by JamesDR <ro...@bellsouth.net>.

Norman Zhang wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm seeing the following error in amavisd debug-sa. May I ask how can I
> correct this?
>
> config: SpamAssassin failed to parse line, skipping: auto_learn 1
>
> Regards,
> Norman Zhang
>
> required_hits 5
> rewrite_header Subject [SPAM]
> report_safe 0
>
> skip_rbl_checks 0
> dns_available yes
>
> use_bayes 1
> auto_learn 1
> bayes_path /var/lib/amavis/var/.spamassassin/bayes
> bayes_file_mode 0640
> use_razor2 1
> use_dcc 1
> use_pyzor 0
>
> auto_whitelist_path     /var/spool/spamassassin/auto-whitelist
> auto_whitelist_file_mode        0666
> dcc_dccifd_path         /var/lib/dcc/dccifd
> dcc_path                /usr/bin
> dcc_home                /var/lib/dcc
>
> score DCC_CHECK 4.000
> score SPF_FAIL 10.000