Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by "carlose@interlegis.gov.br" <ca...@interlegis.gov.br> on 2002/08/21 18:01:31 UTC

fit in the page??

I'm working with tree kinds of file: a xml(with the entries), a
xsl(with the formatation) and a pdf(output file).
My documment has two blocks, if the entry for the fist one is small,
the two blocks fit in one page, but if the entry for the first one is
very big, the FOP generates a pdf 'cutting' the second bolck, the
first part in page one e the second in page two. But, i want make
sure that if the second block doesn't fit in the first page it'll go
to page two, with no 'cuts', exists a way to do that with fo or xsl?
And Fop will "build" the pdf file corretly?

Carlos Eduardo

Re: fit in the page??

Posted by Deva nathan <sd...@yahoo.com>.
i'm working with the image which needs to fit in my
output which is a PDF ..
is there any way to specify the image width and height
in the fo:external-grapics...

Thanks in advance
Deva
--- "J.Pietschmann" <j3...@yahoo.de> wrote:
> carlose@interlegis.gov.br wrote:
> > I'm working with tree kinds of file: a xml(with
> the entries), a
> > xsl(with the formatation) and a pdf(output file).
> > My documment has two blocks, if the entry for the
> fist one is small,
> > the two blocks fit in one page, but if the entry
> for the first one is
> > very big, the FOP generates a pdf 'cutting' the
> second bolck, the
> > first part in page one e the second in page two.
> But, i want make
> > sure that if the second block doesn't fit in the
> first page it'll go
> > to page two, with no 'cuts', exists a way to do
> that with fo or xsl?
>
> The usual way is to specify a keep-together property
> on the FO:
>
> http://www.w3.org/TR/xsl/slice7.html#keep-together
> Unfortunately, this does not work in general in FOP,
> only on table rows. If you want to use it for an
> ordinary block, put the block into a blind table:
>   <fo:table table-layout="fixed" width="100%">
>     <fo:column
> column-width="proportional-column-width(1)"/>
>      <fo:table-row keep-together="always">
>        <fo:table-cell>
>           ... your block here ...
>        </fo:table-cell>
>      </fo:table-row>
>   </fo:table>
>
> J.Pietschmann

HotJobs - Search Thousands of New Jobs
http://www.hotjobs.com

Re: image fitting in apage

Posted by "J.Pietschmann" <j3...@yahoo.de>.
You should not hijack threads, or at least delete the
old content and change the subject line the first try.

Deva nathan wrote:
> i need to place a image at left hand top corner in my
> page  something like letterHead
> i can able to place the small image,where else if i'm
> placing the bigger image i'm getting the warning "Some
> static content could not fit in the area"
>
> how ever i had adjusted the top margins..but i
> couldn't get this work.

This means the graphic and perhaps some more content is
still too large to fit the header.

> is there any way to specify the image width and height
> in the fo:external-grapics...

Use <fo:external-graphics width="2cm" height="2cm" ... />
or whatever width+heigth you want to use. If you use only
one of heigth and width, the aspect ratio of the image is
preserved, aotherwise the image is stretched to fit the
measurements.

J.Pietschmann

image fitting in apage

Posted by Deva nathan <sd...@yahoo.com>.
Hi
i need to place a image at left hand top corner in my
page  something like letterHead
i can able to place the small image,where else if i'm
placing the bigger image i'm getting the warning "Some
static content could not fit in the area"

how ever i had adjusted the top margins..but i
couldn't get this work.

Thanks

Re: fit in the page??

Posted by "J.Pietschmann" <j3...@yahoo.de>.