Posted to mapreduce-user@hadoop.apache.org by Rajeev Yadav <ra...@gmail.com> on 2013/05/06 20:04:06 UTC

unable to create table in Hbase

Hi All,
I am a newbie to hadoop and habse.so need your help on this.

I am trying to create table in Hbase which is running on my local file
system but every time i get this exception

*org.apache.hadoop.hbase.MasterNotRunningException*

before running the create command i can  see through JPS that  HMaster is
running.

what could be possible reasons?

Regards,
Rajeev

Re: unable to create table in Hbase

Posted by Rajeev Yadav <ra...@gmail.com>.
thanx yunus and tariq for you help!

i commented the ip part in hosts as suggested by tariq.

But still i am facing the same issue.i could check through browser  that
master is running initialy but i think its gettin timed-out  or refused for
connection when i am running the command from hbase shell.

Regards
Rajeev
@Rajeev : comment out the line 127.0.1.1 in your /etc/hosts file and
restart all the daemons.

HTH

Warm Regards,
Tariq
https://mtariq.jux.com/
cloudfront.blogspot.com

Posted by Rajeev Yadav <ra...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Rajeev Yadav <ra...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Rajeev Yadav <ra...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Mohammad Tariq <do...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Shahab Yunus <sh...@gmail.com>.
@Tariq Ok. I thought he does need to update the hosts file in general, if
not the ZK property. The log is filled with 'Retrying connect to server:
localhost/127.0.0.1:9000' Plus, apparently I missed the fact that he is
running it in stand-alone mode :)

Posted by Mohammad Tariq <do...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Shahab Yunus <sh...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Mohammad Tariq <do...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Shahab Yunus <sh...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Mohammad Tariq <do...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Shahab Yunus <sh...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Mohammad Tariq <do...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Mohammad Tariq <do...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Mohammad Tariq <do...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Mohammad Tariq <do...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Shahab Yunus <sh...@gmail.com>.
I see this in the logs:

>>> https://mtariq.jux.com/

Posted by Shahab Yunus <sh...@gmail.com>.
I see this in the logs:

>>> https://mtariq.jux.com/

Posted by Shahab Yunus <sh...@gmail.com>.
I see this in the logs:

>>> https://mtariq.jux.com/

Posted by Shahab Yunus <sh...@gmail.com>.
I see this in the logs:

>>> https://mtariq.jux.com/

Posted by Rajeev Yadav <ra...@gmail.com>.
@Tariq: find the link for log.

Posted by Rajeev Yadav <ra...@gmail.com>.
@Tariq: find the link for log.

Posted by Rajeev Yadav <ra...@gmail.com>.
@Tariq: find the link for log.

Posted by Rajeev Yadav <ra...@gmail.com>.
@Tariq: find the link for log.

Posted by Rajeev Yadav <ra...@gmail.com>.
@Ted:

Posted by Rajeev Yadav <ra...@gmail.com>.
@Ted:

Posted by Rajeev Yadav <ra...@gmail.com>.
@Ted:

Posted by Rajeev Yadav <ra...@gmail.com>.
@Ted:

Posted by Mohammad Tariq <do...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.
Can you tell us which HBase version you are using ?

Did you issue table creation command from HBase shell ?

Cheers

Posted by Mohammad Tariq <do...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Mohammad Tariq <do...@gmail.com>.