Posted to dev@kafka.apache.org by Manu Jacob <Ma...@sas.com> on 2019/02/03 17:36:43 UTC

Kafka connect FieldPartitioner with scheduled rotation

Hi,

I want to use s3 connect by portioning with FieldPartitioner and  partition.field.name set to a non timestamp based field. I want to commit and flush based on  both size and time. I am getting an exception when I use the option "rotate.schedule.interval.ms". Is it possible to rotate it with FieldPartitioner? I tried to set the  timestamp.extractor (with record and wallclock) but it looks like it is honored only for time based partitioner.

-Manu