Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Arthur D'Alessandro III <ar...@artd3.com> on 2004/09/13 22:46:51 UTC

Proper way to exit customization mode when provides.customization=true

We have an issue, which appears to be a bug, where a portlet with an action
class which provides it's own customization front end has no way of properly
exiting the customization view.

Eg,
We properly get the custom edit page, however, when canceling, or updating,
we return to a view which no longer has the navigational tabs.  We must
execute any portlet control.Restore method on the page to return the page
back to normal view (the other portlets which normally would be present in
normal/restore view are in fact visible, just the tab buttons at the top are
missing)

We've tried mimicking the generic customize doCancel functionality to no
avail.   I've checked the state of the portlet throughout, and it does get
reset back to 0 after the doUpdate/doCancel, however, there still remain no
navigational tabs at the top.

Any insights or pointers would greatly be appreciated.

-Arthur