Posted to dev@felix.apache.org by David Jencks <da...@yahoo.com> on 2014/01/18 05:13:15 UTC

[VOTE] Felix SCR/DS 1.8.2

We've fixed a number of bugs since 1.8.0 and would like to get out a release before adding new R6/rfc 190 features, and we aren't aware of any major existing bugs.

Changes since 1.8.0:

** Bug
    * [FELIX-4309] - SCR leaves some components in DISABLED state
    * [FELIX-4313] - Bad synchronization in scr where a lock is held while ungetting a service
    * [FELIX-4322] - [DS] Prevent activation attempts until all dependency managers are set up with trackers
    * [FELIX-4323] - [DS] ScrService.getComponents may return a null array element
    * [FELIX-4325] - [DS] Synchronization issue when activating component
    * [FELIX-4326] - Possible Invalid BundleContext exception when shutting down the extender
    * [FELIX-4348] - [DS] locateService calls race with component reconfiguration
    * [FELIX-4349] - Synchronization issue in ComponentRegistry
    * [FELIX-4350] - Component wrongly activated

** Improvement
    * [FELIX-4316] - Packages imported dynamically should also be imported statically with an optional flag
    * [FELIX-4317] - SCR implementation should avoid using bundleContext.getBundle()
    * [FELIX-4343] - [DS] rationalize log levels

Staging area:

https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachefelix-1002/

You can use this UNIX script to download the release and verify the signatures:
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/felix/trunk/check_staged_release.sh

Usage:
sh check_staged_release.sh 1002  /tmp/felix-staging

Please vote to approve this release:

[ ] +1 Approve the release

This vote will be open for 72 hours.

thanks
david jencks

Re: [VOTE] Felix SCR/DS 1.8.2

Posted by Pierre De Rop <pi...@gmail.com>.
Hi David;

+1 from me;

Did some non regression tests, which are successful.

However, I could not execute the SCR maven integration tests because I'm
getting an out of memory when running the ComponentConcurrencyTest (I'm
using MAVEN_OPTS="-Xmx512M -Xms512m -server").

But this is not a real problem, because the OOM is actually caused by the
 internal LogService used inside the ComponentTestBase (see the "Log" inner
class), which is asynchronous. So, when running the
ComponentConcurrencyTest, since DS_LOGLEVEL is set to "debug" by default,
then the async log queue is flooded ...

Setting "DS_LOGLEVEL = "warn" inside the ComponentConcurrencyTest static
initializer is fixing the OOM and every tests are then passing OK.

regards;
/Pierre

Re: [VOTE] Felix SCR/DS 1.8.2

Posted by Clement Escoffier <cl...@gmail.com>.
+1,

Regards,

Clement

Re: [VOTE] Felix SCR/DS 1.8.2

Posted by Felix Meschberger <fm...@adobe.com>.
+1

Regards
Felix

[RESULT] [VOTE] Felix SCR/DS 1.8.2

Posted by David Jencks <da...@yahoo.com>.
The vote has passed with 5 binding +1 votes from

Carsten Ziegler
Pierre de Rop
Felix Meschberger
Clement Escoffier
David Jencks

and 1 non binding votes from
David Bosschaert
Jean-Baptiste Onofre

I'll promote the maven artifacts and start working on getting stuff to the release area and updating the download page…. which didn't work the last time i tried it.

thanks!
david jencks

Re: [VOTE] Felix SCR/DS 1.8.2

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.