Posted to dev@ant.apache.org by as...@ufl.edu on 2001/06/07 04:17:12 UTC

Templates, and in/out of ant.

I don't see a strong case for making a template facility an intrinsic part of
ant.  I haven't reached whatever epiphany Peter has, to declare XSLT crap, but
it's a gorgeous tool for this kind of thing, from my perspective.  Low
coupling, high granularity.  If you want templates, use a templating tool, and
-produce- the build.xml file(s). Then, you can write a meta-ant , or a
makefile, or a shell script, or whatever, to ensure that your templatized
build files are up to date.

This is not a lack in ant, it is a piece of function that does not belong in
the 'ant' box.  Hm.  Is it an ant-ecedent?

- Allen S. Rout

Re: Templates, and in/out of ant.

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
<as...@ufl.edu> wrote:

> I don't see a strong case for making a template facility an
> intrinsic part of ant.

Welcome to the club 8-)

Stefan